3. Bulleit
4. Woodford Reserve Something or Other
5. Jack Daniel's Old No. 7
6. Gentleman Jack
7. Jim Beam Black
8. Jefferson's
9. Jim Beam White
10. Wild Turkey 80

Some more shuffling - I got a small bottle of Gentleman Jack for New Year's and I got to compare one on one with good ol' JD, which I now favor for its stronger character. GJ is just too smooth and bland.

New addition at #8, Jefferson's. Very low-key bourbon, unusual 82 proof, timid flavors. Girly stuff. Not bad at all but it makes me regret not getting another Maker's instead.

Girly stuff sounds right your alley Matttaayyy!

Seriously though I have a whiskey question.

You guys prefer your whiskey clean, cubes ice or crushed ice? I've been on a crushed ice kick.

I've been drinking it neat lately. Otherwise I prefer to pour over a single big ice cube that takes longer to melt. I'm a slow sipper.

I haven't had any booze since Sunday and a whiskey sounds very sexy right now. But I made a promise to myself not to drink till next Friday and gosh fucking dammit I'm not breaking this promise!

why the fuk would you do that to yourself daffy?

I was getting out of control with the booze. I'm 38 years old and I have 2 kids. I can't be hungover all the time. I'm gonna limit the drinking to 3 days a week max unless I'm on vacation.

Matty Rain's Ranking of Bourbons and American Whiskeys So Far
1. Maker's Mark
2. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
3. Bulleit
4. Wild Turkey 101
5. Knob Creek
6. Woodford Reserve Something or Other
7. Jack Daniel's Old No. 7
8. Gentleman Jack
9. Jim Beam Black
10. Jefferson's
11. Jim Beam White
12. Wild Turkey 80

Live update from New Orleans - Knob Creek and Wild Turkey 101 make their entry at #5 and #4 respectively. WT is especially impressive considering the price point. Good shit to overdrink on Bourbon street with a bunch of fokked-up frens.

:dance:

Makers with 2 big ice cubes. Matty transformed me from a single malt Scotch guy into a Makers guy.

this is a good thread

and informative

Matty Rain's Ranking of Bourbons and American Whiskeys So Far

Crack-like
1. Maker's Mark
2. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
3. Bulleit

Excellent
4. Wild Turkey 101
5. 1792 Ridgemont Reserve
6. Knob Creek
7. Woodford Reserve Something or Other

Good
8. Jack Daniel's Old No. 7
9. Gentleman Jack
10. Jim Beam Black
11. Jefferson's
12. Jim Beam White

Bad
13. Wild Turkey 80

New entry at #5, 1792. I like smoother bourbons in general and this might be the easiest-drinking bourbon whisky I've ever tried. Strong leather nose and a rich blend of nutty and fruity flavors. Excellent shit, very impressed. :bowdown:

Last edited:
:greencheck:
\just #7 at the dive bar this evening.
they've got everything from Jim to jack but nothing in B/t