• Replies 1 Comments
  • Views 2,042 Views

Rubyn

Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
top92.jpg

Elvis Catalog. Adam Lambert mentor. Not very exciting night. That's about it.

Crystal Bowersox

Saved

[Robyn] The background singers were great, very retro Elvis. But Crystal sounded the same as she does every week. Good, but the same. Holler.
[Joey B] Crystal sang... I think. It sounded like every other week, only less memorable. Yes she sang well. Yes she'll be in the top four. That said... wake me up in time for the next singer.

Randy - You could have been the second coming of Bonnie Raitt.
Ellen - It was fantastic.
Kara - I think you did some really good things tonight.
Simon - You chose something that suited you... Sounded great.

Andrew Garcia

Hound Dog

[Robyn] So I guess all gloves are off with Andrews neck tattoo. He isnt pulling any punches to hide it any longer. Im afraid this is it for Andrew. I really dont think he will be moving on next week. The magic is over, Andrew.
[Joey B] Andrew chose the song that Elvis stole from Big Mama Thornton. After what he did with it tonight, I don't think either of them would want it back. I wish there was a big hook that could have snatched him off the stage about thirty seconds in to the performance and dropped him into a pool of piranhas. It was so hokey... so ludicrous, with nothing resembling real talent. Andrew somehow dodged the bullet last week. Or rather, we were manipulated into thinking so to get text revenue up for AT&T. But this week Andrew is toast. It's just a matter of who is going to be joining him.

Randy - That was definitely not good karaoke.
Ellen - I wish you had put a little more swagger into it. I think you pulled it off.
Kara - The mic was your crutch. I wanted to feel more from that performance.
Simon - I thought it was lazy.

Tim Urban

Can't Help Falling in Love

[Robyn] Hmm.well, it wasnt all that bad. His guitar picking skills are halfway decent. But the voice is still a little sketchy. I feel bad even feeling that way considering Tim would have probably flourished during season 1-4 as the talent was primarily subpar.
[Joey B] Tim pulled all his doe-eyed tricks out tonight with this song. While technically his voice was pretty weak, the girls are going to eat this up with a SPOON. Tim made his little voice crack just enough that people would think he was a genuine all American boy from next door that used to deliver your paper. He's DREAMY. Christ... let's dispense with this. 19 Entertainment is trying to make the most of this wildcard in the competition.

Randy - I actually liked it.
Ellen - I can't help falling in love with you.
Kara - Probably my favorite Tim performance ever.
Simon - You have managed to go from zero to hero in two weeks.

Lee Dewyze

A Little Less Conversation

[Robyn] Lee sounded pretty good tonight. He is pretty hot and cold when it comes to vocal intonation. I dont see a lot of flexibility with his vocals, but he would certainly be a great solo artist jamming out with a mic and an acoustic guitar at the local pub.
[Joey B] I wasn't really too sure about the song choice tonight. It's a little obscure for most of the audience. That said, Lee did a good job with it, although it seemed a little slow in parts. The Elvis version was a little more up tempo and for some reason it just didn't gel for him.

Randy - You are definitely in the zone. I love where your voice is.
Ellen - You made that so current. Every single time you show more confidence.
Kara - I've never seen you go for it vocally like that.
Simon - That was on the money, full stop.

Aaron Kelly

Blue Suede Shoes

[Robyn] This was not good. This was not good at all. No siree.
[Joey B] Blech. I hate this song. I hated it when Elvis sang it and Aaron should have gone with his gut telling him this song was all wrong for him. It sounds OLD... and old is exactly the last thing that Aaron needs to be putting out there. Technically he didn't do a bad job, but it was just so tedious that it came across as a first week performance on Star Search instead of Top Nine on Idol.

Randy - I didn't like the first half.
Ellen - I thought you did a really good job. You didn't get all the way there.
Kara - You seemed younger... it pushed you. It felt more current.
Simon - It was somebody at a high school doing a concert at the end. You didn't make it young.

Siobhan Magnus

Suspicious Minds

[Robyn] Siobhan is starting to turn into the female Clay Aiken. While she has a good voice, she has no idea in which direction she is heading. I would love to hear her singing music more suited to her punk style. Perhaps something by Siouxsie and the Banshees. I could totally hear her singing Passenger or Cities in Dust.
[Joey B] Holy TEEFS! I finally figured out who she reminds of me when she sings... Casey Wilson playing one of the Merrell sisters on SNL. You know... the one where Kristen Wiig has the tiny hands? Now that was a performance! Siobhan gets crazier and crazier to me and tonight she went back to her default template of sandbagging through the song and giving it a final effort on the last notes. I'm over her.
[Robyn] LMAOOOOOOOO Joey!!!! The tiny hands Kristen Wiig character!!! I couldnt find the code to embed the video, so here is the link. One of the funniest SNL skits EVER. http://thailer.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!9F0D115D60C43C4A!114491.entry

Randy - That girl can sing right there.
Ellen - I liked the second half a lot more than the first.
Kara - It's getting confusing for me. I wasn't crazy about it.
Simon - It was like you were put into a time machine and came back in 20 years time.

Michael Lynche

In The Ghetto

[Robyn] In my opinion, Michael has been the most vocally consistent contestant each week (with the exception of boring Crystal) thus far. I thought his performance was stellar and for once this night, I actually listened to and felt every word. I still dont believe that he was truly the person to get voted off last week. Utilizing the judges save was a desperate cry for publicity in the current ratings crisis American Idol is facing versus Dancing with the Stars.
[Joey B] This is my favorite Elvis song of all time. Absolutely nobody will sing this song better than Eric Cartman and Green Mile is trying on some big shoes. Michael managed to slow the song down so much that it felt like I should be hearing it behind a television ad supporting inner city youth. It was AWFUL. As much as I like the song, I never would have chosen it for Idol. Michael fails both on song choice and execution tonight.

Randy - Those were hot vocals.
Ellen - I'm glad we saved you.
Kara - A beautiful song.
Simon - A terrific choice of song.

Katie Stevens

Baby, What You Want Me To Do?

[Robyn] Katie is growing each week and heading in the right direction if she wants to remain in this competition. To me, she is the Kelly Clarkson of Season 9.
[Joey B] This would have been better with a black girl singing it. She tries to be engaging as a singer, but the longer she's on, the less likely I anticipate seeing her in the top four. The head waggle is just so played. She's boring.

Randy - That was entertaining.
Ellen - That was a very horny song. Man you can sing.
Kara - I think you just showed us girl.
Simon - It was loud and a bit annoying.

Casey James

Lawdy Miss Clawdy

[Robyn] Decent blues performance, but safe. I would love to hear him sing something like Beautifully Broken by Govt Mule. Oh lawdy, lawdy. I would love that.
[Joey B] Eric Clapton he's not... but Casey put on a decent show tonight. It was nothing like a karaoke performance, but I've already forgotten it. Casey has done enough to coast through one mediocre performance.

Randy - I didn't see anything different.
Ellen- It wasn't as exciting as I would have liked to seen.
Kara - There's so much more to you.
Simon - That was a wasted opportunity.

Going home:
[Robyn] Andrew Garcia and Aaron Kelley
[Joey B] Andrew Garcia, Michael Lynche

"19 Entertainment is trying to make the most of this wildcard in the competition."

hey what's 19 entertainment? are they producing the show or something?