• Start date
  • Replies 4 Comments
  • Views 2,224 Views

Rubyn

Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
I took last week off for my birthday. Plus, I’m having a really hard time getting motivated over the most stagnant season of American Idol to date. It’s strange because the contestants seem to be consistently more talented each year. Perhaps we are simply a jaded society, hungry for drama and underdogs. Without Tim Urban, we no longer have a reason to throw foam bricks at the television.

ai6.jpg

This week, the contestants are singing the songs of Shania Twain. The eliminations have been extremely unpredictable thus far, which has left me a bit frustrated.

Lee Dewyze

You’re Still the One

I felt like I was watching Blair’s cousin from The Facts of Life. Lee's face was twisting and turning like crazy, which was an adorable accessory to his terrible pitch problems. I am sure Lee will be safe this week, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the bottom three.

Michael Lynche

It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing

It’s funny. Since Luther Vandross went off to Candy Land in 2005, my good friend Sandi said that she has been searching for someone to fill his shoes. Tonight, for the first time, I clearly heard a viable Luther replacement. And that popped into my head before Ellen made the correlation. Green Mile is an excellent vocalist, however I still have issues as to his genre identity.

Casey James

Don't

Casey did a great job this week, as he does every week. Similar to Kris Allen….he sneaks by, never overly conspicuous, but gives just enough to make it through to the next week. Watch out for this guy. He is the type to steal the title AND your girl (or guy, if you follow the tabloids) out from under your feet if you aren't watching!

Crystal Bowersox

No One Needs to Know

Well, well, well. It was about time for the judges to give some criticism to the untouchable child. I know that I am pretty much a lone wolf in feeling that Crystal is consistently boring each week, but it appears that my prediction may very well be coming into fruition. For those of you who have the memory of a gnat, the blatant favorite each week typically falls out of grace due to the pathetic attention span of the mass. This may or may not have been a fluke. Only time will tell.

Aaron Kelly

You’ve Got a Way

It’s no surprise that Aaron would do well during the week of a country genre mentor. Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little weird when Canadians (Shania Twain) and Australians (Keith Urban) sing with a country twang? Would that be considered racist? Well, anyballs, despite the country music theme this week, I think Aaron might be in a bit of troubles.

Siobhan Magnus

Any Man of Mine

I just don’t get it. Why isn’t this girl suggesting an arrangement each week that best suits her vocal and personal style? I have never been so completely frustrated with an American Idol contestant than I have been with Siobhan. I am on the verge of taking this personally!! (just kidding, calm down) But for reels, Siobhan has the potential to be the next Pat Benatar, yet she consistently, and stupidly, emulates the genre/theme each week. While that is great during the Saturday night Karaoke contest at the bowling alley, this is NOT what 19Entertainment is looking for to represent their label. I had such high hopes for Siobhan. Who is giving this girl advice?? Whoever you are, you are a jerk!!

Speaking of Pat Benatar, this led me to search youtube for some of her classics. LOL @ Love Is a Battlefield. The video is both disturbing and funny at the same time. When I saw this as a kid, I had no idea that she was a runaway turned prostitute. Fourth grade Robyn thought this was just an angry teenager mad at her parents, looking for some fun times dancing with her friends. Ahh, childhood ignorance. The best part of the video is the scrawny pimp who is put in his place by a bunch of dancing prostitutes dressed in freshly torn costumes.

Bottom three:
Lee Dewayze, Siobhan Magnus, Aaron Kelly

Going home:
Aaron Kelly

Bodog odds:
Aaron Kelly 30/1

Casey James 7/1

Crystal Bowersox 4/7

Lee Dewyze 3/1

Michael Lynche 18/1

Siobhan Magnus 8/1

I need Aaron Kelly to be gone so I can ensure a profit from this. If Michael pulls this out, it would be the best for my wallet. If Crystal is the winner, I will just about make lunch money on a 10 dime investment.

Am I the only one that is sick of Slobodan Milosevic? She is really nasaly and there is something else that really bothers me that I can't quite put my finger on.

Hoffy, I am starting to get annoyed as well. She is singing really REALLY terrible songs and the scream/screech...KILLING ME.

hey can we get a writeup this week? I'm curious about your thoughts on tonight