• Views 3,684 Views

Rubyn

Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
Top8Guys.jpg

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The eight remaining males take the stage in hopes of becoming one of the Top 12 contestants to move on to the next round. Will Tim Urban creep us out? Will Andrew Garcia sing another chick song? Will Alex Lambert appear mullet-free?

First, I would like to start out by saying how thrilled I am that after tonight, I wont be staying up until 2:30AM twice a week putting this thing together. Oh, and Joey B is back and just as angry as ever. He was happy to inform me that after 6 hours in the ER, he wasnt diagnosed with anything interestinglike heart failure or liver disease. Try harder next time, Joe. I know you can do it!
Now on to the show.

Lee Dewyze

Fireflies by Owl City

[Robyn] Yuck is the word for this performance. He has consistently shown each week that he has major pitch problems, which is a Sound Engineers nightmare out on the road. The panel seemed to like the performance but I have a feeling their opinion will change when they listen again after the show.
[Joey B] I can't believe anyone in their right mind would choose this song. The fact that my kids like it makes me want to disown them and question my paternity. Lee's version was certainly better than the original, but that's not much in the way of praise. He rocked it out as we expected him to do, but it the performance came off as lukewarm.

Simon: There's nothing to rave about after that.
Kara: I think you actually made the song a better song.
Ellen: I thought it was great.
Randy: You really kind of made it your own.

Alex Lambert

Trouble by Ray LaMontagne

alexlambert.jpg

[Robyn] I have a really hard time focusing on his vocals because that mullet will not stop glaring at me. That is the proudest mullet of all time. It is defying public opinion and if I didnt know any better, it is in a sense flipping us off. That mullet is saying "Screw you, America. I am sticking around, even if Alex leaves tomorrow night!"
[Joey B] Not a bad overall performance. It sounded a little too close to the original for me, without the real soul of a voice that has seen trouble. Alex was a total deer in the headlights for me. He has no stage presence at all at this point. Maybe with more performances under his belt, he'll become comfortable enough to relax and sing. And cut that hair.

Simon: You've got to get yourself mentally somewhere else.
Kara: The only thing standing in the way of you winning is you. You're so stiff.
Ellen: You've become a mushy banana.
Randy: I liked it, I just wasn't jumping up and down.

Tim Urban

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley

HH.jpg

[Robyn] This kid took one of my favorite songs and turned it into an uncomfortable Glee performance. Tim should be performing at the Peach Pit with Ray, not singing on the American Idol stage in front of millions. He is not a good singer, has zero charisma and reminds me of the creepy stalker kid in high school that asks your girlfriend for a lock of your hair to keep under his pillow at night.
[Joey B] We've heard this song a couple of times on the show. The most successful maybe being Jason Castro's version. Tim's voice brought a vulnerability to the song it needs, but also felt a little weak to me. This was his best performance to date, but he's still being outclassed by most of the guys.

Simon: This week very, very smart with that song.
Kara: I think you're in the top of the boys right now.
Ellen: That was fantastic... *hugz*
Randy: You walked in some pretty big shoes and you did a good job.

Andrew Garcia

Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera

[Robyn] Andrew is extremely talented. I was tooling around youtube a few days ago and found a bunch of videos of him performing here and there. He needs to start focusing on picking the right songs to suit his voice and not worry about what he feels everyone wants to hear. Although I wasnt fond of this performance, I am certain that he will be safe.
[Joey B] If I picked up a magic lamp and this came out, I'd be pissed. This was such a ludicrous song choice it almost seems like a joke. Andrew's performance tonight showed none of the vocal range or interesting qualities that we've seen before. It was just a dude in goofy glasses singing a total girl song and asking to be rubbed. Andrew continues to go downhill every week and he might just go home this week.

Simon: It was a little bit desperate.
Kara: You peaked so early... You were fighting with the rhythm of the guitar.
Ellen: I thought the genie came out of the bottle too late.
Randy: I like the cardigan but the song didn't quite work for me.

Casey James

You'll Think of Me by Keith Urban

[Robyn] I thought he sounded great. The song was a little boring considering this was the fourth mild tempo song in a row. Casey is in this for the long haul. No worries about him being sent home tomorrow night.
[Joey B] Casey gave the first performance of the night that actually sounded like he lived it. His voice was perfect for the song and even though he was on a stool, he still performed well. It's not a song we'll be talking about when he makes the top 12, but at least he'll be there.

Simon: I think it made you sincere.
Kara: I'm kind of back on the Casey train. I'm missing that spark.
Ellen: I thought it was great. I really liked it.
Randy: I think it was a little bit of a safe choice.

Aaron Kelly

I'm Already There by Lonestar

[Robyn] If Aaron continues singing, in 10 years from now, he will be a great singer. He is pretty good right now, he just needs some polishing. It is pretty unfair when you think about itthat 16 year olds have to compete against 29 year olds. Aaron will be safe from elimination this week.
[Savior Dog] There is something about this kid's voice that grates on me. He sounds flat half the time. The song started off bad, but picked up as he got into it. That said, he's a total wild card. I don't get his appeal, but apparently somebody has been voting for him.

Randy: You have the makings of a great singer, a job well done.
Ellen: I love you but it felt like a little too much song for you.
Kara: That song was not relevant because you are only 16 and can't relate to the lyrics.
Simon: Interrupted Kara to say what she said was rubbish. The song was nice and he had emotion.

Todrick Hall

Somebody to Love by Queen

[Robyn] Todrick is my guilty pleasure this season. I love his confidence on stage and he has a great voice! I am hopeful that Simons Broadway comments will not affect his chances of moving on. I am very interested in hearing what he has in store next week.
[Joey B] Queen is one of my all-time favorite bands. I know... I don't need you to beat me up about that. While I wasn't really a fan of his version of the song, he showed a range tonight finally that helps us take him seriously as a singer. It was good enough throughout, with very few flubs, that Todrick has redeemed himself from some of his earlier disasters.

Simon: It was good in parts. You've told us who you are... you're a Broadway singer.
Kara: There were moments that I didn't know whether to laugh at it or love it.
Ellen: I commend you for singing that song.
Randy: Todrick is back. You proved you could really sing.

Michael Lynche aka Green Mile

This Woman's Work by Kate Bush (Maxwells arrangement)

[Robyn] I thought Michael put the arrangement together, but he didnt. Bummer. But he sounded fantastic. I do have to laugh at the hypocrisy of the judges, though. Michael has been singing John Mayer-ish songs the last two weeks and then does a 180 and completely switches genres. Yet nobody mentioned it.
[Joey B] This guy has a squirrel in his pants and was all over the stage shaking his thing. He sang amazingly well, although the falsetto parts made my testicles draw up into my abdominal cavity. I don't know that he has the personality to garner a lot of votes, but tonight's performance should keep him alive for the top 12.

Simon: This was so needed tonight. You one hundred percent nailed it. Best performance of the live shows so far.
Kara: I've never cried after hearing something like that. *cries*
Ellen: That was so beautiful
Randy: It was dope... it was unbelievable.

Guys Going Home:
[Robyn] Lee Dewayze & Alex Lambert
[Joey B] Andrew Garcia and what I think will be a big surprise... Lee Dewyze

Girls Going Home:
[Robyn] Lacey Brown & Paige Miles

Joey B has Garcia and Dewyze going home in the same week? I don't see it.

Also, who is Joey B? Pardon my ignorance.

Someone I work with said the same thing today....that she thinks Garcia is going home. No way the producers are allowing all of the minorities to go home so soon.

Joey B is a friend of ours (Bread and I). He has an account here but doesn't post.

Hehe, my picks in this thread (against dwyze and garcia going home) were better than in the picks thread (1 for 4).

Accada Home Page Drug Certification

Statistics Of Doctors On Drugs theammodump.net
http://www.theammodump.net/ - meridia drug
Sometimes even after a product has been cleared by the FDA there can be problems with a product after customers have used it too.
<a href=http://www.theammodump.net/>buy sibutramine meridia</a>
After taking the drug it will send a message to your brain that your stomach is full.
buy sibutramine meridia

Statistics Of Doctors On Drugs theammodump.net
http://www.theammodump.net/ - meridia drug
Sometimes even after a product has been cleared by the FDA there can be problems with a product after customers have used it too.
<a href=http://www.theammodump.net/>buy sibutramine meridia</a>
After taking the drug it will send a message to your brain that your stomach is full.
buy sibutramine meridia

welcome to gamelive eneffilia. enjoy your stay.

i look forward to reading many more of your informative posts in the days to come.

I'm not convinced. He says there's problems with drugs and then wants to sell me some.

I'll need a more persuasive argument.