• Views 1,257 Views

Rubyn

Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
Top8Girls.jpg

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eight females contend for a spot in the Top 12. This was the week to shine and a few ladies may be in trouble after their performances. Simon is one million, billion percent sure Crystal Bowersox is the one to beat this season. Who will be the six ladies to move on to the Top 12 this week?

Due to some sort of freak geriatric Ophthalmology accident, JoeyB had to spend the evening in the ER and was unable to watch the show. In JoeyBs absence, I have asked my buddy Savior Dog to chime in. He doesnt know much about singing or American Idolbut he is a connoisseur of peopleand he has an opinion.

025.jpg

The show started out a bit odd. While Ryan was explaining that they are pressed for time, Ellen was sitting on Simons lap, nuzzling his ear. While I was not the least bit offended, I think someone needs to remind the panel that this is a family show and that America is just not ready to see two men necking on primetime television.

Katie Stevens
Break Away by Kelly Clarkson

[Robyn] I have said each week that Katie is one of the best singers in the competition, but this song did not do her voice any justice. Her lower register is not quite developed and she was struggling at times with intonation issues. While this was not her best performance, she will most certainly be moving on to the Top 12 next week.
[Savior Dog] I likd her shiney pants. I like bacon, too.

Randy: The song was too big for you, almost like karaoke to me, dog. I just didn't get it.
Ellen: Great song choice but I didn't feel the words because you are young.
Kara: You have a great radio voice, I just dont think you know yourself yet as a singer.
Simon: You kind of sucked.the energy out of the song, but I give you a 10 out of 10 for taking our advice and trying.

Siobhan Mangus
House of the Rising Sun by The Animals

[Robyn] Ok, I figured it out. Vocally, Siobhan reminds me of Linda Ronstadt. I thought she did an amazing job and I actually look forward to hearing her song selection each week.
[Savior Dog] What kind of name is Siobhan? Is that Gypsy for pretty girl with messed up teef?

Randy: You always come out and surprise us and take a risk. Keep doing what you are doing because its hot!
Ellen: You are why I love music, because it's supposed to move you. You are spectacular.
Kara: You are so unique and different. Week to week, I am surprised by you.
Simon: I wasn't quite such a fan of that, it was all a bit weird.

Lacey Brown
The Story by Brandi Carlile

[Robyn] Lacey finally chose a song to compliment her vocals but I am not certain she is capable of performing anything up-beat. If she happens to get lucky again this week, her days are certainly numbered.
[Savior Dog] Why she sitted on the floor like a dog? I dont even sit on the floors like a dog.

IMG_0352-1.jpg

Randy: The song was a little boring and sleepy, but it was your best performance in a long time.
Ellen: I agree with Randy, best performance to date.
Kara: Effortless singing, this is the kind of record you need to be doing and you are back on your path.
Simon: I didn't love LOVE the song, but you sang it really, really well.

Katelyn Epperly
I Feel the Earth Move by Carole King

[Robyn] In my opinion, this was a completely boring song choice and not at all what Katelyn needs to be singing to prove to the American audience that she is an artist. Standing there alone behind the keyboard, she seemed like a Tennille without her Captain. There is a possibility that she may be in the bottom two this week.
[Savior Dog] Miss Foxxy down the street has fur like her. Miss Foxxy eats socks and coffie filters.

missfoxxy.jpg

Randy: I just didn't feel the right connection/vibe with this song.
Ellen: I dont think that was the song to choose to wow people.
Kara: I feel like you were going through the motions.
Simon (sitting almost on top of Kara): I like your hair. It was kind of like request night on a Friday night in a restaurant. You chose a simple song and didn't do anything with it.

Didi Benami
Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac

[Robyn] Without the band backing her, Didi was vulnerable with just the acoustic guitar until the background vocals kicked in toward the end. I was glad to see her finally choose a song that made sense.
[Savior Dog] zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Randy: I'm not sure there was a wow moment in it, but it was definitely better than last week.
Ellen: Lovely performance and I liked what you did with it.
Kara: This was one of my favorite moments of the show so far this season.
Simon: I thought it was head and shoulders above anything else we've heard tonight.

Paige Miles
Smile by Charlie Chaplin

[Robyn] What a disaster! This has surely sealed her fate as one of the two ladies going home this week. This was truly a terrible time to dedicate a song to a child molester. One of the worst performances I have seen on American Idol in quite some time.
[Savior Dog] Mikel Jackson didnt do any troubles.

Randy: The song was way too big for you, it just didn't work.
Ellen: The song was too sad and heavy, this was not the right song to choose.
Kara: It was all wrong, tonight was not the night to do that.
Simon: It was a horrible choice of song, the arrangement was just awful. Something you would hear in a Holiday Inn in 1974 where people are eating peanuts and not paying attention.

Crystal Bowersox

Gimme One Reason by Tracy Chapman

[Robyn] I am already bored of Crystal Bowersox. There was absolutely nothing unique about her performance and what was with the gigantic tin foil ring on her finger? Sure, she will make it into the Top 12, but everyone else will start getting bored in a few weeks, too. Mark my words.
[Savior Dog] I met Crystals uncle Frank in New Orelans.

IMG_0417-1.jpg

Randy: Yo listen listen listen listen man. Loved you, loved the song, loved the honesty.
Ellen: I am sick and tired of saying you are amazing. Best performance of the night.
Kara: Every time you step up there, you know what to do, good song choice.
Simon - Uh, you are one million billion percent going to be in the top 12 next week.

Lilly Scott
I Fall to Pieces by Patsy Cline

[Robyn] The strange thing about Lilly is that she is not a singers singer. She doesnt always sing in tune, she has bizarre pronunciation and she is flat out a weird bird. But I love her. Definitely one of my favorites this year.
[Savior Dog] Her looks like Jennifer from Family Ties!

Randy: I think it was hot tonight, I like you! Well done, well done!
Ellen: Love your voice, your originality, loved it loved you.
Kara: Don't know how you did it but you made Pasty Cline feel current.
Simon: That was very brave choosing a song like that on a night like this, it was cute, quirky, but it could have been a risky thing to do in the last spot.

Going Home:
[Robyn] Lacey Brown & Paige Miles
[Savior Dog] I dont noes.

Bodog odds for the Top 16:

Aaron Kelly - 22/1
Alex Lambert - 20/1
Andrew Garcia - 6/1
Casey James - 11/2
Crystal Bowersox - 4/1
Didi Benami - 20/1
Katelyn Epperly - 16/1
Katie Stevens - 12/1