Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
is awesome

New promotion started broadcasting in October, has an early 90s vibe

Wednesdays on TNT

SlH7nP0.jpg

I’ve been watching this the last month. Reminds me of when wrestling was good.

I saw an ad when I was streaming something and I intentionally watched 15 minutes of it one wed night. I dont think I have the capacity to follow something with predominantly live broadcasts. With the exception of baseball (half of which I listen to on the radio) I dont even watch live sports.

I dont think I have the capacity to follow something with predominantly live broadcasts

The last few months all sports I watched have been non-live. If there's a bet on it I don't even bother to watch it.

Games become more watchable without the constant ad breaks.

AEW is an awesome product right now, they have upped their game. The characters are solid, the stories are light but more in line with today's always on media. There's a flair of old school inviting wrestlers from different promotions, this past week there were wrestlers from NWA/Impact Wrestling/New Japan Pro Wrestling. There's a huge 16 person tournament coming, 8 guests from Japan 8 from America. The egos are low and everybody playing their roles. No talent lock down, on cam personalities can persuit other business, online. Ton of indie talent get try outs on their dark matches, and getting signed. I will give it 8.5 Matty Rains, would be higher if it wasn't for the pandemic setbacks.

AEW is an awesome product right now, they have upped their game. The characters are solid, the stories are light but more in line with today's always on media. There's a flair of old school inviting wrestlers from different promotions, this past week there were wrestlers from NWA/Impact Wrestling/New Japan Pro Wrestling. There's a huge 16 person tournament coming, 8 guests from Japan 8 from America. The egos are low and everybody playing their roles. No talent lock down, on cam personalities can persuit other business, online. Ton of indie talent get try outs on their dark matches, and getting signed. I will give it 8.5 Matty Rains, would be higher if it wasn't for the pandemic setbacks.
RJ, when they get it post COVID, we may be seeing wrestling entertainment as good since the “Attitude” years in the WWF

lol a couple months back when The Dark Order wanted to recruit Dustin Rhodes they offered for him to be the minion number 7, referencing from this character, Dustin got pissed and that's where their feud started

so basically that character was supposed to be a child molester
?

cool

I love a bad guy to root for

I'm loving the multi promotion that they're allowing, on Friday Kenny lost the Impact belts to Christian and on Saturday he defended one down in AAA in Mexico City, Mox and the Murderhawk had matches in NJPW's PPV last night, unsigned wrestlers competing for belts, the vibe of the 70s when wrestlers used to go touring from promotion to promotion throughout the US