Aging

• Start date
  • Replies 342 Comments
  • Views 35,390 Views
muddy

you need to get your brother a funeral/memorial playlist cd/mixtape like your mom has

dont' let your brother steal any of your mom's "i'm dead, here are some notes I like" thunder though

I will write him a eulogy. Service, no service - whatever. I will write a eulogy. No question about that.

Omygawd what a horrible visit today. May you never have to see what I saw.

The hospital people are strongly suggesting the end is near and that will be first and foremost sad - but also merciful.

My car has finally passed 100,000 kilometers.

(That is 62,500 miles.)

I have been appointed to make a music playlist for the visitation. This is where I get stupid.

No problem coming up with the songs but what form would that take? Do I burn a CD? I don't know how to master it but I could probably do a good-enough job by ear. But then sometimes the CD's I burn just crap out partway through.

Is there a site where I can put the playlist and then just go to the funeral home computer and navigate there and click play?

Assuming that is okay with the funeral home?

This seems like it should be real simple.

Sorry for your loss Muddy. :sad: I'm sure the funeral home can accomodate whatever these days. Most people prolly bring the music on their phone or an old iPod or some shit. I'd do a CD just to be safe. Nomalize each individual track to 0db to make sure volune is even on all of them. That's all you need to worry about IMO.

Actually, a Youtube playlist would probably be simplest. Bring a laptop and charger.

Very sorry for your loss, Muddy. Big hugs, my friend.

Thanks. And thanks for the suggestions for the music. I'll work it out. I think I am living in the wrong time.

Or something.

My brother liked a lot of jarring music. As I ponder the funeral playlist - and I have decided to focus on music he liked (rather than music that is sort of on-point and message-y - like that Warren Zevon Keep Me in Your Heart - or whatever) - but no I recall different things that he loved and give them a listen.

A lot of jarring stuff.

It is all stuff I like too. Apparently I like a lot of jarring music. I never really stopped to consider until something like this comes up. I throw on a song thinking, 'Yes, we loved that.'

But we get into it and then it's no, that's a bit much under the circumstances.

I don't think I want jarring for this. And it's no problem really. There is enough non-jarring stuff. A bit more hunting required is all.

But yap, wow, with the jarring music.