20four7

• Start date
  • Replies 22 Comments
  • Views 1,889 Views
plommer, I said the exact very same thing to them, and they said they were setting up a program to groom people from the outside.

My exact words were "aren't all stewards ex jockeys, horsemen etc..."

They said mostly yes, and that they were aiming to change that...

you are correct plommer, most racing stewards have been in the game for years in other capacities and know the rules inside and out. Personally I think the ORC should do everything to keep the game clean. I have no use for proven cheaters. I think Brett Robinson got off lucky with a 10 year suspension.

you are correct plommer, most racing stewards have been in the game for years in other capacities and know the rules inside and out. Personally I think the ORC should do everything to keep the game clean. I have no use for proven cheaters. I think Brett Robinson got off lucky with a 10 year suspension.

I remember a few years back when Norm McNight showed up at Woodbine to start into the Thoroughbred game, he was dating Rita Schnitzler - who won a couple of races a year (if that) before she met Norm. Soon after dating Mr McKnight she began winning alot of races, her horses seemed to have alot more stamina. I used to make a point of checking out the entries and betting on her horses, especially the ones stretching out to a route from a sprint.
Once she and Norm split up she hasn't been able to reproduce her success, not even close, strange eh?

I also remember Chris Tuttle at Ft. Erie, the kid was winning everything, but when he took his horses to Finger Lakes (an inferior track for sure) he couldn't win a race. Strange how well one can do in a different jurisdiction huh?

I also know of Thoroughbred trainers that rent stalls and training track use on their farms to visiting American Standardbred trainers here to race, they were more than impressed with the standardbred technique of "pre-racing" their horses.

Montini won the big trot race at Woodbine today.

He's a magician. Not a juicer. lol.

Read post 5 if you need to know who owns it.