• Views 1,888 Views

fiveteamer

#nonewfriends
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Please talk a little bit about Primetime Bobcat

I don't follow harness racing but even I know of this animal.

Thx.

What would you like to know? He set the woodbine track record, then followed up a week later with a world record. Very good horse, excellent 100K claim. Won the Newhamshire sweepstakes at rockingham park. I think we were second in the Dan Patch in Indiana. Montini turned him into a monster. I have some pics I'll post.

On the heels of a ninth-place finish in a conditioned pace at Woodbine Racetrack on Saturday evening, the connections of Primetime Bobcat have announced the retirement of the former World Record holder.

The 11-year-old son of Abercrombie, who had the harness racing industry buzzing when he sizzled to a 1:47.2 mile at Woodbine Racetrack on May 13, 2006, hangs up his hopples with 48 lifetime wins and earnings in excess of $740,000.

Primetime Bobcat was trained by Anthony Montin.

"I always said tf he wasn't going to be a useful horse, he would come and live in my backyard," Montini told Trot Insider. "He doesn't owe us anything."

Primetime Bobcat, who battled back from a number of injuries throughout the course of his career, won multiple editions of the Open Pace in addition to the $100,000 Woodbine Gold Cup Invitational, the $115,500 Spring Pacing Championship and the $120,000 New Hampshire Sweepstakes.

In 2006, he won 14 of 31 races and banked $498,350. The world record night was so exciting. I was there with my family we couldn't believe it when we saw the time. It was a fun ride travelling with a racehorse that year.

Last edited:
So you were part owner?

That is awesome brother

The worst move that was made was paying the supplement fee to the Canadian Pacing derby...... he was tired by that point and it more than showed. It was 85K I think.

I rarely go to the track anymore but that's where I got my gambling start. Have co owned several horses. My dad and brother are still involved and they have a horse in the general brock at woodbine tomorrow night.

from Rockingham Park.

Attachments

• 15758-nhsweeps1.jpg
    15758-nhsweeps1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 140
world record night the 1:48.1 was the track record the week before, then world record night.

Attachments

• prime time.jpg
    prime time.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 135
  • world record.jpg
    world record.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 141
Just found another one. I'm to the right of the driver in grey shirt, my brother is to the left of him, My brothers wife and son are in front of me.

Attachments

• nhsweeps2.jpg
    nhsweeps2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 130
BTW teamer what's with the interest? Just curious.

No I wasn't. But it's not the first time that this would have occurred if true. There was a big scandal a few years ago in Pennsylvania I believe.

Montini claimed a horse from Windsor for $4k ( I forgot the horses name) and moved him waaaay up the class ladder, he paced a 1:51 mile at Woodbine before he regressed to the bottom classes.

Fiver, are you aware that Anthony Montini is a known "juicer"?

He is part of this clan:

Bill Robinson
Doug Berkeley
Marty Fine
Casie Coleman
Brett Robinson

and countless others.

Certain harness racing trainers are the best at avoiding detection.

Harness horse owners in Ontario are the most fortunate in the world, the purses here are nothing less than phoenominal, especially when you consider the fact that harness racing is nowhere near as popular as thoroughbred racing.

Harness owners here should enjoy it while it lasts, the racing game is dying a slow death and racetracks will be less than willing to give away the slot revenues as generously as they do now.

At one time, the "b" tracks in Ontario were for hobbyists, you couldn't make money at Barrie or Orangeville when purses were in the hundreds of dollars.

Now they overpay for inferior product. Ft. Erie is a good example of what will happen to the jugheads eventually.

Montini is NOT part of that clan. What you posted there is a bunch of convicted cheaters for the most part. His horses have raced out of the retention barn with no changes in expected finish. Unlike some others where if they race out of retention the performance drops way off.

Montini is NOT part of that clan. What you posted there is a bunch of convicted cheaters for the most part. His horses have raced out of the retention barn with no changes in expected finish. Unlike some others where if they race out of retention the performance drops way off.
Most people would be suspicious of him, especially with his awesome success off of the claim. I like the standardbreds a bit myself but I have been involved in the Thoroughbred game since I was a kid, I grew up near the Woodbine racetrack and walked horses as a summer job, I know quite a few trainers (especially Scott Fairlie & Vito Armata) - I also am friends with one of the top officials at Woodbine - I also owned part of a couple of claimers and still have friends in the backstretch.

Well Bill Robinson should probably be in jail if he already isn't.

WEG had to use private property rules to get him to stop sending horses to Woodbine

Did I ever tell you had I had a job interview with the Ontario Racing Commission?

I had to stop the interview because it conflicted with my current position.

LOL, they liked me and wanted me to apply for another position, that of an apprentice to be a STEWARD.

LOL!! Imagine me, fiveteamer, as a steward!!!

I did not apply...

Did I ever tell you had I had a job interview with the Ontario Racing Commission?

I had to stop the interview because it conflicted with my current position.

LOL, they liked me and wanted me to apply for another position, that of an apprentice to be a STEWARD.

LOL!! Imagine me, fiveteamer, as a steward!!!

I did not apply...

Fiver, all the stewards I know are ex jockeys or trainers.

Richard Grubb, Fenton Platts, Gunnar Lindberg, Russel Fernandes etc, etc. I doubt you would have become a steward.