2019 formula 1 season. The year of change..

• Start date
  • Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 1,217 Views

xpansive

Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
Big moves in the off season with several drivers switching teams (Riccardo from red bull to Renault, Charles LeClerc taking over from kimi raikkonen at Ferrari as one of the most lauded rookie drivers in recent memory) to name a couple of the bigger moves...

Round 1 melbourne

This promises to be the most exciting season of formula 1 for many a year with pre season testing indicating the gap between Mercedes and the rest of the field ever closing.

The biggest change this season is the introduction of a extra point for both driver and team who manage to set the fastest lap during each race and finish on the top 10 by doing so...

Who do we watch out for??

Oh I didn't even know it was this weekend. The last few years I start excited on R1 and by Spain I forget about it. Hope it's a good one.

Who the fsck is LeClerc

Oh I didn't even know it was this weekend. The last few years I start excited on R1 and by Spain I forget about it. Hope it's a good one.

Who the fsck is LeClerc
LeClerc drove for sauber I believe last year. Most highly touted rookie in many years...

Well, the Mercedes are at it again, after dominating qualifying to take both positions on the front of the grid with Sebastian vettel being a whopping 7 tenths behind in 3rd.

The local hope in Riccardo finished 12th...

19yo rookie wunderkid Lando Norris will be starting from 8th position on the grid after his 1st ever qualifying session for McLaren.

One to watch out for if he doesn't allow the occasion to get the better of him here

Verstappen is now being touted as the fastest driver in the paddock and it's looking as though this season may actually be competitive, something that wasn't thought possible just 3 weeks ago.

Hungary F1 starts in just under 3 hours 🍿

RIP Anthoine Hubert
Kid never stood a chance.. Another reminder of how dangerous this sport can be...

Belgium F1 starting in around 1 hour. Do we dare believe Ferrari can turn their front row domination into a win?

Kudos Charles :up Too bad Verstappen was pinched in the first corner, woulda made for a better race with him going the distance.

I'm just starting to re-gain interest in this stuff. The new owners are doing a great job marketing the sport - the Netflix series about the 2018 season was really good, even the wife enjoyed it and she knew nothing about F1.

Agree. Competition really is drawing greater interest and with their plans for 2020 (in terms of improved aero downforce when drafting) viewers can expect the racing to be even more exciting and competitive.

Good on LeClerc for his maiden victory as well. Hope the kid goes on to do good things.

Highlights of itialian F1 GP qualifying...
This LeClerc fella looks like the real deal...

Looks like the second half of the season is going to be well worth watching.

Awesome...

The 21yo kid doesn't know fear.

With vettel relegated to the rear of the field, LeClerc had both Hamilton and Bottas grinding at him for most of the race and still came away the winner...

Ferraris 1st home win since 2009. Vettel should be scared of this guy. He is the future