2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

• Start date
  • Replies 221 Comments
  • Views 11,089 Views
Canadian women curlers are now 8-0 and have clinched the #1 seed for the playoffs. They have one game remaining which is now meaningless. They are expected to give Matt Flynn the start.

Canadian skip Brad Jacobs makes two heroic shots in the second to give Canada the 2-0 lead on the diabolical, inscrutable Chinese.

:curling:

:canada:

between you me and iag, we have the important sports covered.

Not sure I like your tone. That was a serious curling result right there.

:fearpanic:

My apologies sir! Technically I was talking only bout GB! The badass Canadians probably guzzled down a Molson, eh!

BgC8qxpCEAAmwU-.jpg:large

Fokking Chinese are playing great. Just like the Chinese women ~5 years ago, these men have come out of nowhere and suddenly - BOOM - right in the thick of it. 6-1 record heading into this game and making all the shots.

Canada leads this game 3-2 but China with hammer.

Some of them bobsled dudes look fat. Meathead body type. Weird.

Muddy, seriously let me know when the final match for Gold is on TV for Canada men and woman and if my schedule allows it, will no doubt tune in! Thanks!

I don't know about American TV but I can tell you when they are happening live.

The women's gold medal game is Thursday 8:30 am EST

Mens is 8:30 am Friday which is why I booked a vacation day. Canada has a lot of work to do to get there though.

The women too will have to win a semi-final against a good team.

Holy crap, that was a curling game!

Canada playing great for the first half - but China playing like machines and took control to the point where the Canadians were making uneasy jokes about if they even wanted to continue with the game.

Second half, the Canadians never stop pushing and the Chinese show they are human and make a few mistakes or half-mistakes. Canada surprisingly battles back into the lead. China battles and forces the extra end. It all comes down to Canada needing a draw right to the middle of the button on the last rock of the 11th end.

-----> Jacobs and the sweepers get 'er done.

Canada, who started out the tourney with a shaky 1-2, win 6 in a row - and look good doing it - and get the #2 seed for the playoffs. They will have hammer for their semi-final.

(as a general aside, I'm glad that Canadian TV has stopped using that I Believe song they mercilessly beat us over the head with for the last couple Olympics)

Whats with this "hot, cool, yours" thing? Did they hire the Bobs to come up with this slogan?

Was surprised to see that most bobsledders wear standard motorcycle helmets. Some of them use bespoke visors, but that's it.

:depom:

Canadian women curlers thru to the gold medal game!!!

:curling:

Good work Canada! I have a languishing CaN o9.5 gold medals and then I remembered its possible to get 4 alone btw hockey and curling. Go Canada!

Mens curling semi-final is in a couple hours.

Go hosers.

I still can't believe curling is considered a sport.

Sry Reno. I hope the Russian's already have their tickets to watch the Gold Medal game.