• Views 915 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Question

I have read all I can testicular cancer and checking yourself for testicular cancer and they all talk about lumps on the testicles.
I have a couple of small (less than half the size of small peas) hard painless lumps on, or in, one of the tubes connected to one of my testicles.
They appeared about a year ago I guess, and do not seem to be growing.
This is not causing me any problems except worry.
Please don't just suggest I get an examination I would like more information first and to know what the likely causes could be.
If I do go for an examination, what would the likely stream of events be? What tests, and by whom?
Answer

As a fellow male I fully understand your sentiments, but hope that my explanation and reassurance will persuade you otherwise.
The trouble with us men is that we are reluctant to go to a doctor for advice and/or an examination when we need to; and often need to be dragged kicking and screaming by our loved ones, and that's just to make the phone call for the appointment.
We then need an armed guard to ensure that we get there!
Seriously, the only way to ensure all is well and to put your mind at rest is to have an examination, and to assist you I will describe what is likely to happen.
Your doctor will ask you how long you have had the lump(s) for and how they have changed over time, and enquire about any associated symptoms, such as fever, rash, testicular pain or swelling, or discharge from the penis.
The symptoms that you describe could simply represent small benign cysts of the epididymis (the sperm-producing apparatus behind and above the main body of the testis.)
If this is the case, and they are not causing you any problems except worry, it is unlikely that you will require any further tests and your doctor will be able to reassure you.
Occasionally, the doctor will want to clarify the diagnosis with a blood test or an ultrasound scan of the scrotum (at the local hospital), but this is not usually necessary and most of the time a simple examination by your GP is all that is required to find out the cause of your concern.
Yours sincerely
The NetDoctor Medical Team

Bump for those that only read posts at the top of the board.

Bump for Binar 99

I hope you are OK man and that nothing is wrong. Very informative post, thank you. Tom Green really hit home with me on this topic.

I dont' have bumps plommy but thanks for being concerned. In fact recently I was told that I'm STD and HIV free ! So fok you women I've slept with.

Daft leaves and Binar shows up.

What are the chances?

Tom Green did a special on this years ago. Consult that. Very informative.