• Views 1,830 Views

tullamore

angry and drunk
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Starts Saturday in Finland

Will be fun to watch Auston Matthews and see how good he is. Will more kids start going to Europe from NA for development?

Pucky and Leafs fans, if they even exist anymore, if Will Nylander dominates this tournament as he should, when will he be in Torontos lineup?

USA v Americas hat on Saturday?

Got the host Finland winning the whole damn thing.

Merry Christmas

The Swedes are going to surprise many. Keep an eye on Dmytro Timashov - http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=172745

T
his guy could become the next Tarasenko, but he's actually a Swede. I think Nylander will get called up for a few games this year, but the Leafs won't rush him at all. That's my guess. As for Austin Matthews, I think you may see some kids going the Euro route and I can't blame them. I would just for the money because all it takes is 1 hit to kill a career in Jr so you might as well get some $$$ in an Euro league. Kids playing in Jr should be compensated a heck of a lot more than the $35 - $50 they get per week.

Dmytro Timashov!!! Keep an eye on this kid for Sweden.

Auston Matthews is an interesting story. A whole lot of people were critical of the decision to play in Europe but I see a kid who decided he was going to play against adults rather than teenagers.

Kinda ballsy in my book. From what I hear, it is working for him big-time and he has solidified his status as the #1 prospect.

As a result of that, and the general fact that making a few bucks is not a bad thing, it would not surprise me at all to see more go that route in the future.

Oh, and Finland winning it all?

Request DENIED!

I'm think with Shanny and Babcock the Leafs will take the approach of "overcooking" their prospects in the minors before they get a call up as Detroit is known to do.

They need to get their nets fixed up over there. During highlights I keep seeing goals that just fly right through the netting.

I'm not talkin' some freak event that happened once. I'm talkin' like 3 times in one game.

It's like they've put in nets that are designed to stop tennis balls in road hockey.

However this is a world championship of PUCK hockey.

Get your shit together Finns. Like, WTF?

I flipped by the Canada game on the radio when I was out driving.

Denmark had just taken a 1-0 lead!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No but seriously man, I couldn't even be bothered listening, so positive - arrogant - was I that Canada was in no danger.

Just checked the score an hour and change later -----> 6-1 Canada.

I see there are three games scheduled between Switzerland and Belarus. Best 2 out of 3 for last place? :dunno: I don't get it

kind of fun game going on there. I forgot, the kids game is better than adults

While out in my car, I heard Canada/Finland was going to a shootout. Now I am home and I turn on the TV ----> that ain't no O Canada I am hearing.

Muddy should have tuned into a different radio station.