• Start date
  • Replies 7 Comments
  • Views 572 Views

Razor

Since
Mar 27, 2011
Score
Tokens
I know the Lakers have won 16 out of their last 17 games, but has anyone looked who they beat in this run? They beat Minnesota and the LA Clippers twice. Also in this run, they have played 1 elite Eastern Conference team and LOST. They have not played Boston or Chicago in this span. They also beat two teams that are considered elite in the West that are GREAT matchups for the Lakers in Dallas & Portland. As much as many people want to crown the Lakers the Western Conference champs and dismiss San Antonio since the 5 game losing streak, keep in mind that when healthy, San Antonio is a VERY good team. Popovich will have this team ready come playoff time.

That is a compelling argument for why the Lakers streak is maybe not as impressive as some 16/17 streaks - but it is still 16/17. They can only play who is in front of them and they aren't losing. Some other elite teams are playing inferior teams and bombing. I prefer the Lakers' results.

I agree the Spurs are a good team however I think the Lakers have heard the bell and are kicking into gear. I am picking the Lakers to take the west.

That is a compelling argument for why the Lakers streak is maybe not as impressive as some 16/17 streaks - but it is still 16/17. They can only play who is in front of them and they aren't losing. Some other elite teams are playing inferior teams and bombing. I prefer the Lakers' results.

I agree the Spurs are a good team however I think the Lakers have heard the bell and are kicking into gear. I am picking the Lakers to take the west.

I agree Mudcat that they can only play who is in front of them. I feel that their first 50 games of the season is more indicative of this Laker team than the last 20. I am still not sold on the lakers big men and how they refuse to penetrate to the basket. I have seen many Laker games this season where their big men settle for outside jump sots and play like guards instead of using their 7 ft height to their advantage. We will see how it plays out, but it would not surprise me if the Lakers falter earlier than expected. Just my opinion.

I still think the mavs and the spurs have a good chance to pass them. The SAS are doing what they always do pre playoff. That is not try. They have their seed so Pap doesn't play em hard. THis is completely normal for the spurs to sink and everyone to bail ship. He does this every year. Lakers are in for some trouble, especially if they wanna run hot now.

Funny side note was Phil Jackson saying ref Joey Crawford "will give you a technical for having a hangnail".

Here was Joey's take on the new tech rule for this year with his visual aids! Matty, like the explanation for Tony Parker? :grin:

[video]http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2010/9/24/1708246/nba-technical-foul-rules-criteria-2010-referees[/video]

Funny side note was Phil Jackson saying ref Joey Crawford "will give you a technical for having a hangnail".

Here was Joey's take on the new tech rule for this year with his visual aids! Matty, like the explanation for Tony Parker? :grin:

[video]http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2010/9/24/1708246/nba-technical-foul-rules-criteria-2010-referees[/video]

:lmao:

57606321_medium.jpg

Joey Crawford: "No, I don't speak French, Pepe Le Pew. Technical."

philjackson_medium.jpg

Joey Crawford: "Look at that awful facial hair. Technical, you pretentious bastard."

Phil Jackson complains far to much. I think they need to start suspending him instead of fining him. Money means nothing to a guy dating the Lakers owner's daughter.

Talk is cheap. Who is willing to put up a cast of their teeth where there mouth is?

attachment.php

Attachments

• teeth 018.jpg
    teeth 018.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 81