Why I don't like the Roller Derby Dyke

• Start date
  • Replies 43 Comments
  • Views 4,633 Views
hardcorederbybitches.jpg

http://saltcityderbygirls.com/joomla/

mrs. x-

how big is the league in co? you should work out a traveling league/team.

There are two leagues is Denver. The Rocky Mountain Rollergirls and The Denver Roller Dolls. Each league has a A travel team B travel team and then three or four interleague teams. I'm part of Rocky Mountain, they're ranked #4 in the nation. I think the Roller Dolls are #2. These rankings are based on WFTDA (Women's Flat Track Derby Association) leagues. As of 2009, there are 78 leagues registered.

There are many other teams and leagues out there, but WFTDA is kind of like the NFL for derby. They're really getting it organized and are pushing hard for it to be included in the X Games.

I've been playing for about four months. I just was promoted to "Kill Scout" and had my second practice with the "big kids" on Monday. The progression is, Newbie or "fresh meat" (only practice with the other noobs 2 days a week), Kill Scout level 1a (can practice with the noobs and invited to Senior Skater practice 1 or 2 days a week), Kill Scout level 1b (invited to Sunday Scrimmage), pass your skills tests (endurance, time trials and demonstration of knowledge of the game on the track), get your skater name, get drafted to a team.

Our newbie class started out with 50 and I think there are about 11 of us left. It's really physically demanding and takes up a serious amount of time. Alot of people join thinking it would be cool, and it is, but don't realize what a commitment there is. From what I've heard, 11 is an amazingly high number to have stayed this long. Usually it's only 2-4 people that stick it out to Kill Scout level. The next tryouts are in a few weeks, so a new batch of "fresh meat" is coming in.

There's a WFTDA sanctioned bout about once a month. We just had our third one this season and sold out the 2000 seat venue every time.

Last edited:
One day the wimmins here will unite and then all sorts of hell shall be unleashed upon you men folk.

kick ass, it is mos def getting popular around here too.

Dunder, that's awesome.

I don't think either of them could go 12 rounds, reno.
I was looking for some footage where the combatants were more 'contemporary' but none were nearly as funny as that one.