What Will our Silly Neighbors to the North Think of Next?

• Start date
  • Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 2,128 Views
Why not? It's probably obvious that it's a painted image, plus it makes the speed bump more visible. They're often unpainted and almost invisible in the city, which is always an unpleasant surprise.

Plus some of us psychopaths can fulfill our Grand Theft Auto fantasies by running over innocent people. 500 points for that lil girl.

Points for creativity I suppose but it seems like a bad idea to me. I predict it won't last.

Product of over-thinking. Remember KISS you dopey Canadians. Keep It Simple Stupid. Just stick with speedbumps. Speedbumps are fine.

Just paint the fokken things.

Yeah pretty dumb if you ask me. Almost as dumb as Quebec city wanting the Feds to fund a new arena. Don't get me started on that one.

Yeah pretty dumb if you ask me. Almost as dumb as Quebec city wanting the Feds to fund a new arena. Don't get me started on that one.

I s'pose the Hamilton people aren't too pleased with the idea eh. I agree that it should all be private funds. Common you cheap businessmen foks.

Matty,

I feel as though you and I can get along today. Something's up!!!

Would this illusion make drivers speed up? eh! :canada:

Curling+Olympic+Trials+Day+7+ISLL8ymG89zl.jpg

Here is what will happen. Motorist sees the optical illusion. Stops the car and gets out to see what it is. While he is investigating the non-existent child his car gets rear-ended by another motorist who didn't realize a car was parked in the middle of the street for no apparent reason. First motorist gets hurt by the collision of his own vehicle and sues the state for the fake child he thought he saw. Experiment ends.

idiotic idea. I hate speed bumps too though.

Here is what will happen. Motorist sees the optical illusion. Stops the car and gets out to see what it is. While he is investigating the non-existent child his car gets rear-ended by another motorist who didn't realize a car was parked in the middle of the street for no apparent reason. First motorist gets hurt by the collision of his own vehicle and sues the state for the fake child he thought he saw. Experiment ends.

We don't have states in Canada Pavy.

We're one big united family Pavy.

:wah:

I guess since no states in Canada whoever the authority that is going to be responsible for operating the illusions at the speed bumps will get sued when an accident happens.

So the next time a drunk bastard runs over an ACTUAL child/person in the street, they just say they thought it was another painted speedbump?

I guess since no states in Canada whoever the authority that is going to be responsible for operating the illusions at the speed bumps will get sued when an accident happens.
Pavlos, there are far fewer idiots (and lawyers) here in Canada than in the US and A.

They need to make the illusion look like the little girl from The Exorcist. This will scare the beejesus of everyone and stop.

2345113.jpg