What is the first Movie you saw in a Theater?

• Start date
  • Replies 25 Comments
  • Views 1,591 Views

Cami

Queen Bee
Since
Dec 27, 2011
Score
Tokens
I was six, and it was Back to the Future 2

E.T.

It was after its actual theatrical release though, probably around 1984. I was 5.

MPW-71430
GP066367_xl.jpg

One of these 2! Can't remember which one first!

Tootsie in America

Mstitel overall. Translates to avenger. That movie left an impression. I think it was Indian. There were elephants involved.

I think it was a Pippi Longstocking movie at the Albion theatre in Rexdale.

Would have been 1971.

I also remember my parents taking us to drive in theatres as kids with the extended family, aunts and uncles and cousins would all go to the Saturday night show at the drive in at Woodbridge.

The Land Before Time.

Must have been 5.

E.T.

Actually I recall seeing Mary Poppins in the theatre but that's 11 years before my date of birth so

:bennyhill:

wow,

it was also ET for me

we should start some sort of club.

after that my movie memories are of the following.

most of the Rocky/Sly Stalone, Arhnold Movies that came out after 1984 and before 1990 with my dad. I know we saw teen wolf and back to the future I in very close succession.

one of my greatest movie theater memories ever was watching Crocodile Dundee I with my Grandpa twice! we got there late and missed the first 10 mins so he asked if we could stay and watch the beginning of the next showing and we did and just stayed and watched the whole thing over again!

I'm not sure if it was because he was old and sleeping or wanted to see the scene where the chick gets attacked by a croc in a thong twice or maybe he thought it was a great bargain.

I miss going to movies as a lil boy and I miss my grandpa

Last edited:
The Land Before Time.

Must have been 5.

Awe! I heart that movie! I don't think we saw it in theaters though.

Star Wars. They took all of us in 2nd grade to watch it at the movie theater. It cost 25c back then for the movie ticket.

I got no idea at all. Could only guess wildly. Fantasia maybe?

I got no idea at all. Could only guess wildly. Fantasia maybe?

same

maybe goonies?

jaws 3-D

who knows

return of the jedi?

I have early memories of seeing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at a Drive-in that stopped existing ages ago.

Star Wars for me as well. The very first one that they released. My oldest boy is a big Star Wars fan. I should know which one.