• Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 460 Views

reno cool

Fuck You Mocha Joe
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
reading through the lines. so basically the usual thing. More warmongering, vilifying other countries, torturing in Guantanamo, scaring immigrants, and USA USA.

Reno I thought you were on the Trump bandwagon? Hopping off? FWIW I voted for him and now I have an asshole president AND higher taxes. Go figure.

Reno I thought you were on the Trump bandwagon? Hopping off? FWIW I voted for him and now I have an asshole president AND higher taxes. Go figure.
Like you never saw that coming...

yeah, I had slight hope that Trump might put a hurting on some of the fools in Washington, make some sort of populist stand. Certainly Hillary wasn't gonna do that. And I did appreciate him pissing off the establishment's press and all the spineless clowns who think that pc speech equates to fighting the good fight. But ultimately the system, not personalities, is what matters in US politics. The President's job has become little more than PR, putting a pretty face on anti-human policies for the masses. ...And I knew that, but every four years it's still tempting to believe the rhetoric.

Can relate reno.

Tow the line and look after yours but also understand that a better way exists.

It's mostly the reason why I'm into crypto. Can see it changing the 'establishment' without taking any actual power...

You can say that you saw higher taxes for a certain small slice of high state tax upper middle class earners? That's bullshit. I knew I was getting an asshole for a president - thats the joke. I just didn't care given that I thought (as did most) that congress under his presidency was going to lower my taxes. 90% of America got this bargain, my admittedly relatively-rich subset got hosed.

You can say that you saw higher taxes for a certain small slice of high state tax upper middle class earners? That's bullshit.

Moved to a smarter state my friend! Hopefully you're property taxes aren't over 10K? Yes, those liberal states NY, Conn, NJ etc. etc. crying the blues that the government can't bail them out of the high STATE, did I say STATE property taxes they pay. The people living in those states need smarter people governing them, maybe more Republicans! :grin:

By the way, I enjoyed the speech as much as I could being it involved politicians!

I agree that the impact of my state income taxes are the responsibility of my state and I encourage NY to lower my taxes. However, it's the single most important issue to me and no increase is without criticism. When I suffer an increase there is no shortage of blame to go around.

howd you suffer an increase? What tax got raised?

The state and local tax deduction was limited. I live in NY and between my state income tax, my property tax and NYC income tax I've lost a serious deduction. I readily admit I'm a rare exception, this tax bill is basically an across the board decrease.

Yep. My state legislators, city government didn't help... Or for that matter my decision to live in a high tax area. Between that and this home renovation family bone is effectively poor.