• Replies 37 Comments
  • Views 3,406 Views

BGS 9.5

Basement Dweller
Since
Jan 31, 2010
Score
Tokens
I say yes - looks like he may win the triple crown of pitching stats, and overall I would think the only other 2 even in the equation are Gonzo and Granderson.

Thoughts?

No one on the Red Sox deserve any kind of award, but I would take Ellsbury over Gonzalez.

Verlander would get my vote if I hade one. But for some reason some writers wont vote for a pitcher. I thought Pedro was the MVP in 99 and some people didn't even have him on their ballot if I remember correctly.

Pedroia will be top 3 for sure. It will be some combo of Pedroia, Bautista,or Verlander. Cano seems to get more love than Granderson.

Pedroia has really been great the last couple of weeks. His pitching staff falling apart will hurt him.

I think Pedroia is the MVP of the sox, the only guy who seems to give a crap, but Ellsbury will finish higher based on the 30 30 bullshit than Pedroia or Gonzalez.

Tully - Boston managers' job on the line here?

YES! I know technically a pitcher shouldn't get it and it seems like they don't want to give it to them, but from his stats don't know a better choice!

I don't think pitchers should win MVP awards.

Why wouldn't a pitcher be named MVP? :clueless:

No daily contribution?

agreed

PLAYERS, play and are available daily..... so I can see a guy like Eck winning it though WAR stats seem to show many way way way way better seasons from pitchers were largely ignored...garnering like 17th place in the MVP voting for 10.5 WAR and shit

not sure why Verlander's is so different this year...

Matty

MVP/Cy Young voting is very out of step with the times.

They still love RBI's and batting average.

For the same reason everyday players can't win a Cy Young award. But I also feel that the MVP should go to the guy with the best numbers no matter of where his team finishes.

Matty

MVP/Cy Young voting is very out of step with the times.

They still love RBI's and batting average.

For the same reason everyday players can't win a Cy Young award. But I also feel that the MVP should go to the guy with the best numbers no matter of where his team finishes.

I think they are changing. We've seen it in the Cy Young voting no doubt..

Well Pat Hentgen won it on a shitty Jays team with I think like a 20-10 record. He beat out Pettitte that year. Halladay, Clemens all won on average at best Jays teams.

I'm saying, Shitty Team Pitchers are now winning....which is a change in the right direction

Clemens should have won MVP that year by the way

Agree so they should maybe put it in writing! I know bases doesn't like to change tradition but why not have a Babe Ruth award for the best hitter in each league like the Cy Young award is for the best pitcher!

Then have the MVP award also! I mean Verlander could win 2 awards but another player would win the Babe Ruth say award!

Maybe then Ryan Braun might be the MVP of the NL but Matt Kemp could be the Babe Ruth award winner since his team did nothing but the guy was amazing!

if someone breaks out a fraction and shit.... Fiver and I are gonna go apeshit and DDOS attack the shit out of this fuck...

careful fellas

Agree so they should maybe put it in writing! I know bases doesn't like to change tradition but why not have a Babe Ruth award for the best hitter in each league like the Cy Young award is for the best pitcher!

Then have the MVP award also! I mean Verlander could win 2 awards but another player would win the Babe Ruth say award!

Maybe then Ryan Braun might be the MVP of the NL but Matt Kemp could be the Babe Ruth award winner since his team did nothing but the guy was amazing!

its partly semantical in nature no doubt.