Toronto Mayoral election

• Start date
  • Replies 38 Comments
  • Views 1,570 Views
John Tory tho. Bet we won't be hearing much about him on The Daily Show over the next 4 years.

#dullasdishwater

I guess one brother will always be a winner and the other not the case!

Rob Ford actually won a council seat yesterday. Some people are just determined to vote for him no matter what. Why he would run for that but not mayor, I really don't know.

Doug Ford I guess is now unemployed :dunno:

Actually not too bad of a thread for someone who has not studied Canadian Government since 1988.

Toronto municipal politics just got a whole lot less cracktastic.

Have a second look:

karen-stintz-endorses-jennifer-mckelvie.jpg
Makeup has alot to answer for

Apparently some people were pissed off 'cause John Tory started his victory speech in French. And some smartass at the Globe and Mail tweeted that French was about the 213th most commonly spoken language in Toronto (it's the 13th).

Some people really do live in the moment.

We only founded this country.

You fucking twats.

:mudcat:

It seems like a dopey, bumbling choice to make. I personally don't give a crap but just knowing human beings as I do, going with English seems like a no-brainer from a smooth-sailing standpoint.

You can speak English and no one thinks anything about anything, or speak French and guarantee a bunch of this

:ohmy: :clueless: :mad: :endoftheworld:

Whose ass was he trying to kiss, I wonder?

I think someone blamed him for ignoring the millions* of us living in Toronto.

*60,000 :wah:

Speaking of politicians I might like to bang, remember when Belinda Stronach was on the radar for Prime Minister? Kinda like Karen Stintz, she's obviously not being recruited by lingerie companies to be their top model, but there was something about her.

Wanting to bang the Prime Minister - that would be something.

stronach_belinda.jpg

Didn't Tie Domi tap that ass at some point?

Apparently some people were pissed off 'cause John Tory started his victory speech in French. And some smartass at the Globe and Mail tweeted that French was about the 213th most commonly spoken language in Toronto (it's the 13th).

Some people really do live in the moment.

We only founded this country.

You fucking twats.

:mudcat:

Weren't the Injuns here first?

Is Iroquoian one of the 2 official languages of Canada? You prickish tte carre?

Man we've had some goofy looking Prime Ministers though. Present guy looks like a lobotomized rabbit. Chretien looked like he was having a perma-stroke. Paul Martin was this shapeless goo-thing.

Joe fokking Clark? Really?

Say what you want about Pierre Trudeau and his supposed charisma, the guy looked reptilian.

John fokken Diefenbaker?

I%20am%20Canadian.jpg

Of course the point could be made that I don't even live in Toronto so maybe I should mind my own business and keep my hands to myself.

Meanwhile in Mississauga, we are no longer watched over by Hazel who has been mayor since 1826. It's a different vibe.

Love you. Miss you.

Hazel.png

Hello, I am Joe Clark and I would like to be Prime Minister of your country.

Clark_Joe.jpg

Nice banister. Solid.