The Real Casperwaits: Jerking Me Around For Over A Year Over $250. (Long)

• Start date
  • Replies 102 Comments
  • Views 8,939 Views
Bump for the playoff auction peeps.

I've stayed silent on this issue for quite some time. Now that it is all out there, I was trying to be civil so as to get paid, but I've heard this "I'll pay you later" bit once, twice, or three times before.

So I thought I'd bring you all up to speed with how we got to this point. A few things to keep in mind.

1. Casper barely knows me. We only met at the Bash. If he had no real intention to pay me back, he should have just told me to fuck off a long time ago. The inane back-and-forth pisses me off more than the actual money loss.

2. If it was due to lack of funds (at $250, haha), he could have paid me back gradually at, say, $20 a month. If it is not due to lack of funds, or "I have no good reason" as he says, then it is simply a matter of being a person with no honor at all.

3. I am not nearly as gullible as I come off; at no point in any of this FB correspondence was I actually legitimately expected to get paid. I was just trying to play nice on the off chance I was wrong. Clearly, I wasn't.

Sorry it's lengthy, but I think you'll enjoy. I could have cut it down to just highlights, but that would lose some of the weasel-factor.

Dave September 17, 2010 at 7:07am

Hey, not sure if you got this email I sent you last month, sent it to bosoxforever address.

"Hey Chris,

Don't mean to hit you up for money or anything, but its been almost a full year since I paypalled you that $250. Seeing as I'm in a bit of a rough patch myself lately, I was hoping you could pay it back to me. My paypal account email address is -email address-.

Let me know,
Dave"

Sorry to start with that, hope you are doing well! Just wanted to see if you had received it.

Christopher September 17, 2010 at 7:08am

just got this now..lol.

Dave September 21, 2010 at 4:16am

Judging from your lol, I'll take that as a no then?

Christopher September 21, 2010 at 12:15pm

No, it's not that. I lost my job last month and have been looking for $$ myself. I will call you tomorrow and we can talk.

Dave October 8, 2010 at 11:13am

Hey man, sorry I didn't return your call. I really don't want to go through all this again. That was and still is a lot of money to me, even if it may not be to a lot of people. If you ever get around to paying me back, we can go about being friends. If not, lesson learned for me I guess.

Christopher October 8, 2010 at 11:14am

I had called you to talk about the money.

Dave October 8, 2010 at 11:16am

What is there to talk about? If you have it, great. If not, let me know when you do if you still plan on paying me back. Don't mean to be cold, but it's been a year. It's been hard on all of us.

(4 months later...)

Dave February 16 at 1:47am

Hey man,

Saw your video on GL today, good stuff.

It's been a few months since I've brought up the money I lent you... since you seem to be betting again and have a new place, you must be a bit less strapped for cash these days. Any chance you could pay me back?

Thanks,
Dave

Christopher February 16 at 7:04am

Give me your Paypal address and I will sen out $$ on Tuesday when i get paid. i am sorry for the wait.

Dave February 16 at 7:19am

Awesome, thanks man... it's -email address-

Dave February 23 at 7:19am

Hey man, didn't receive any money yesterday... are you sending it?

Christopher February 23 at 7:28am

The bank holiday held up my check. I am awaiting it's arrival today and I will western Union you money tonight or morning. I would do Paypal, but it takes 2 days to transfer from one bank to another

Christopher February 24 at 5:33pm

Getting $$ together as I type. Didn't leave my house today. I don't want to send just $50, so I am trying to get $100 together. Hope to have the other $150 in two weeks.

Dave February 24 at 5:34pm

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Christopher February 24 at 5:35pm

I haven't had a lot lately since the restaurant closed. $$ has been tight, but I am getting back out there. Tough to make $$ writing and have anything left over for stuff.

Dave February 24 at 5:37pm

Yeah, I hear you. $100 now and $150 later is totally fine... every little bit helps.

Dave February 25 at 9:56pm

Any luck getting it together?

Dave February 28 at 7:52am

Hey man,

I would just like some honesty at this point. On Tuesday, you said you'd have $250 for me on Paypal. Then a few days later you'd Western Union me $100. Four days later, still nothing.

You struck me as a stand-up, honest guy, and that's why I lent you the money in the first place. I still hope I wasn't wrong. If you don't have the money right now and want to pay me back gradually (say $50 a week?), that'd be fine. Or, if you have no intention of paying me back, just level with me.

You came to me asking for help, and I helped, no questions asked. At the very least, I just deserve some straight shooting.

Appreciate it,
Dave

Christopher February 28 at 7:56am

I am just trying to get more than $50 to send out. I get paid once a week and I didn't think $50 was enough to send. I get more money tomorrow night, but I am trying to borrow money to send more. For real

Dave March 3 at 3:11am
Any updates?

Christopher March 3 at 11:01am

Getting another 50 tomorrow. Check WU tomorrow night. I hope Gamlive is treating you well

Dave March 3 at 11:04am

Cool, thanks man. You know how it is there, same ol' shit.

Christopher March 3 at 11:05am

I am not going on there anymore. After what Caligirl has pulled and how Matty is acting, no reason to. She is a piece of work.

Dave March 4 at 11:26pm

Hey, checked WU, nothing yet... did you send?

Dave March 6 at 2:52pm

Still nothing, any updates?

Christopher March 6 at 2:57pm

I FINALLY got some money being sent to my Netspend account from my mom just to send to you. I called her last night and I am waiting on her to put it in my account. It could be any minute

Dave March 6 at 2:59pm

Right on, appreciate it sir. Good to see you back on GL.

Christopher March 6 at 3:02pm

I am not enjoying it very much. Nobody really likes sports on there and if I talk about anything else, it becomes drama. Not even sure what to say on there anymore.

Christopher March 6 at 3:15pm

I tried to throw a couple of sports topics up and they fall dead. If I stared a topic that said "Cali Girl Likes The Celtics -7.5" It would get 500 hits...lol. Crazy how I bring her there and the one person she hates is me..lol.

Dave March 8 at 10:33pm

"I called her last night and I am waiting on her to put it in my account. It could be any minute"

- Anything yet?

Dave March 9 at 8:06pm

I'm starting to feel like you've just been leading me on man. What's the deal?

Christopher Heim March 10 at 7:09am

Not leading on. My mom said she was going to send me $$ into my bank account. I don't want to bother her to much about it, but I did text her last night. I( am getting VERY little $$ weekly this month myself. I am barely scraping by for Feb and Mar. Trust me, I am doing EVERYTHING to get money to YOU. YOU are on my list to pay before my cable this month.

Dave March 10 at 7:42am

Alright man, thanks. Just want to get it resolved.

Christopher March 10 at 7:48am

As do I. I am not rolling in dough flipping you the bird..lol. I HATE being so dependent on $$ from outside sources. I don't always respond here because I am not looking at the message box above my head. Its not a personal thing. Your post about the drama on Gamelive had its points. I hope its over. Its gotten annoying now.

Dave March 13 at 5:25pm

It's been another three days... any updates?

Dave March 17 at 9:20am

Nothing, huh?

Dave March 24 at 1:36am

Hey man,

For someone that seems to take it personally when his character is called into question, borrowing money from someone on the promise that you will "pay them back in a month or two", and then two years later leading them on for a month with false updates and promises? Not exactly morally upstanding.

(Haven't heard from the guy since, until the GL thread popped up a few days ago).

So there you have it. Lies, more lies, and going to your mother to pay off your $250 debt.

Wow. Just wow.

So this wasn't even a bet/contest loss? He just asked him to borrow money?

Muddy brings the hard bumps. But I guess its only fair those SPers know before including him in contest.

It's fine.

Issues from 3 years ago that was reconciled.

If anyone doesn't want me in the contest because of this I won't play.

No big deal to me.

how was this reconciled? did you pay him? i honestly dont remember ... not that it would change my very accurate opinion of you

yeah I think he paid dave

oh good.. dave is a good guy

Just so we're clear, the headline here is not "oh good." The headline is "Holy fuck what a massive weasel." Look at that post #1. Look at that string of messages with the the guy who tried to help him out. Seriously.

Yep, I suck.
You have every right to be angry.
You will have your money on Tuesday Dave.
Once again, I am sorry.

At least Casper doesn't deny he's guilty. Respect buddy.

At least Casper doesn't deny he's guilty. Respect buddy.

More like SBR kiddie cred. I'll defer to the forum members who know him better on what to do here.

I'm glad to know he did pay him back. People make mistakes. People do change. I dunno. I would be fine with letting him post up, but I think it's Mikey's call.

I have no problem letting him play if he paid DV in full. Hell I have no problem closing auction earlier than game time and having everyone post up to a trustworthy non participant.

I know it was shitty and he strung him along etc, but how long is he going to have to pay for that? He was definitely a POS during that time, but he could have just disappeared from forum land, come back under a new name and totally screwed him.

It's kind of like that line in Quiz show at the congressional hearings where someone gets mad about Ralph Fiennes "finally at long last" doing what was right and being commended for it,when he should have done it all along....but people are human...they make mistakes.