• Replies 10 Comments
  • Views 189 Views

MrMonkey

World's #1 Troll
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Wow! Who would think happening this quickly considering PGA commish Jay Monahan consistently talking like no way. Can we say the word "hypocrite" lol. Heard in his meeting with PGA players today, Jay was called that right to his face. PGA players can't be happy especially the ones that turned down guaranteed money from LIV. Possibly reason this guy last couple weeks has changed his stance on badmouthing the LIV.
1686089651673.png

Unfortunately Rory plenty of players aren't like you with enough money for the rest of your if you never played golf again. Those players that after playing Thursday and Friday don't get paid a cent if cut isn't made. Think about what happened after LIV started. The purses for PGA events eventually went up. Possibly Jay and Co. selfishly not spreading the wealth around?

Still way early and not much I saw in details of where it goes from here? I imagine some penalties for LIV players who want to come back and play on the PGA tour. Though how much monetary penalties Phil Michelson and others who got guaranteed money will have to give back?

Heard this on Golf channel that Phil got 100m up front and 100m to paid over the next 3 years. Pundit said hearing he keeps 100m + 33.3m but doesn't get the other 66.6m. I think I could live with that lol. What sport isn't about the money. Also heard another guy say Rickie Fowler got offered 75m to join LIV. He turned it down. How does he feel now with what Jay and Co did today?

On the surface sounds like a knockout for LIV players but sounds too good to be true that the PGA tour would let these maverick players off the hook so easily. TBD.

Would say I'm not watching anymore but I really only watched the majors which are only 1/4 PGA anyway.

Would say I'm not watching anymore but I really only watched the majors which are only 1/4 PGA anyway.
In the past watch more regularly, but I’m more the same as you now. Though this will peak my interest to see what the new format is like.

I think Jay and Co. wouldn’t have done this if not for lots of money coming from the Saudis. Though his decision completely goes against what he’s been preaching about taking money from the devil.

Though in the long run, probably will help the lesser stars of the PGA tour with significantly bigger purses for tournaments. Only players probably feeling shafted are the names like Rory, Cantley, Spieth, Morikawa etc etc who didn’t get the guaranteed money Mickelson and Co. got.

I wonder how much of the DOJ investigation impacted this merger. I can’t imagine how players feel turning down liv money only to end up on the same tour.

PGA definitely gave in b/c they're scared of litigation (both cost and public discovery). They have way too many skeletons.

Players who stayed will still get SOMETHING, I wonder if it's enough. Will be funny to see all the players who claimed they wanted to play less to spend time with family now play a full PGA schedule - guess we know the price of time with family.

PGA definitely gave in b/c they're scared of litigation (both cost and public discovery). They have way too many skeletons.

Players who stayed will still get SOMETHING, I wonder if it's enough. Will be funny to see all the players who claimed they wanted to play less to spend time with family now play a full PGA schedule - guess we know the price of time with family.
What litigation are they concerned about?