The Jeopardy contestant search exam

18 Funny. I just learned what hubris meant in the last 6 months and missed that one.

Going to make a point of googling some basic info on popular TV and music so they don't catch me off-guard like they did last year with an Adele question.

Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift. I think they have been the big ones recently.

Carrie Underwood seems to get attention for a few things.

I think it's still Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, maybe How I Met Your Mother on network TV.

Not that it matters that much at this point. It is not a question of will I pass the test; the question is how devastatingly will I crush it?

:fearpanic:

Muddy you're poating on your lunch break aren't u

aren't u muddy

Yes I was posting on my lunch break. Doing a little breaktime trash-talkin' of the Jeopardy exam which is soon to be squashed like a bug.

Fo sho.

That's wtf I'm talking about Muddy that's what the fuck

Awright, I'm logged in and the countdown is on. For some reason it's starting in 17 minutes which actually would be a little after 7 but whateva.

I do have a sore typing finger where it has split due to the cold and dryness - but I am ready to fight through and wreak havoc, Jeopardy-style.

Gave me a bit of a fright there. Got off to a bad start. Came out of the gate in braindead mode. Around question 30 (with 20 to go) I started thinking fok, I'm not going to do this unless I run the table now.

Which I did. Well maybe I missed one I am forgetting.

Anyway I now think I did a little better at the start than I was thinking. A few of my educated guesses I was very unsure of proved correct.

Will copy the test here whenever it shows up on the SONY forum and confirm my results but confident I have done enough.

Disturbingly braindead at the outset, as I say.

I swear there was a question early on - which I did not get - which was to name a major video uploading website owned by google.

i.e. YouTube. Where I have my own video uploading channel. Where, even if I didn't, I have looked at 10 zillion times.

I did NOT get it.

Should have waited until after the test to do my smack.

was there a Hayden Panteinere (sp?) /Nashville question?

No. Some of the stuff I was discussing at work today was on it so that was good. I was asking the guys to help me go over what is on network TV these days and we discussed The Good Wife. There was a The Good Wife Question. NCIS came up in discussion and there was a question about that. There was a Carrie Underwood question whom I had discussed a couple times in the last 2 days so she was on my mind so that helped.

The one straight contemporary music question, I had not discussed at all - but I just knew it for some reason. It was to name the Caribbean based singer who did the album Disturbia ---> Rihanna.

I would have wiped out the salad dressing category.

It's probably in here somewhere MC, but what happens now? You just wait and what is the process exactly?

I got 39. Not my finest hour but 35 is what is needed so - good enough.

Yeah you just wait and hope to get invited to an audition. I'm not sure if that's a straight lottery for everyone who has passed the test or if special consideration is given to past qualifiers (I have qualified 3x before). As soon as you are invited, you have qualified - so they say - so no one is exactly sure how the audition factors in. Obviously you do your best to make a good impression but it's a mystery.

I have never heard a good estimate of the odds of getting a call to an audition. To calculate that, you'd need to know how many people worldwide pass the test and no one is saying. About 2000 people make it to the various auditions which are in cities around the US and sometimes Canada. This time I am signed up for Detroit. In the past I have had auditions in Toronto, L.A. and Boston.

But anyway if you get that far. you are on the list for 18 months. At that point, we figure your odds of getting called for the show are somewhere between 6-1 and 8-1. (That's strictly based on number of qualifiers versus number of new contestants used, and does not factor in whatever intangibles they may see at the audition.)