talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 153,427 Views
I'm very happy about my current facebook friends - friends, family, the lead singer of my favorite band who is always saying cool shit and two of the best volleyball players of all time one of whom I have spoken to directly. Without facebook none of this would have ever happened.

Bacon ftw

Wow! Do the last few posts suggest the insinuation that Bacon possibly was a volleyball groupie? :wha:

Kent Steffes and he's a gold medalist motherfockas.

VBall played for a long time no pro but decent. No you vball groupie :lmao:

Sport got crushed by the times.

Good roast fockers :cheers:

He's not a groupie. He used to play VB and was good. Damn good body too. He can still manage a few hits, but no one plays anymore. I guess you could say those guys were more inspiration, perhaps Idols for him and his VB friends.

Bacon, how tall are you?

pics of volleyball-era bacon or it didn't happen

I don't have any....idk if he does or not.

His body was insane tho. :choke:

He played with my mothers group a few times in the latter years...

OK Cami, gotcha! Was going to say maybe Bacon should have been asked what this :sheepfucker: means to him instead of you, but forget it! Cami, unless mistaken, hasn't the GL crew known him longer than you?

No Mr. Monkey, I have known him since I was 17, roughly 12 or so years.

Oh and those "did you see that hit the other night?" conversations, they happened OFTEN it's all about THE HEIGHT OF THE BOUNCE or maybe someone took one to the face. The pics are tough man there was footage but man that was 17 years ago or so. I will try.

I played during HS and freshman year of college. At 5'11" (short by volleyball standards) I would have needed to be amazing at passing and digs to make it anywhere. Still play bar volleyball, though. Kind of depressing how slow and un-athletic I am now.

Yeah I was mostly beach Gil. When they ditched the side out and shortened up the court awhile back my beach game pretty much got smoked. Played a couple of grass ones that stuck to the old rules after that and that was about it as far as tournies. We've been thinking about joining the Y just to have some people to bang around with even though it'd be awful ball. Bar vball can be tough man, props.

Oh and those "did you see that hit the other night?" conversations, they happened OFTEN it's all about THE HEIGHT OF THE BOUNCE or maybe someone took one to the face. The pics are tough man there was footage but man that was 17 years ago or so. I will try.

I'm just messing with ya buddy. Please post pics. Actually can you post your own pics?

"Awful ball" is a good term for what I do now. We do bump-set-spike, but "spike" is probably a generous label for most of what we're putting out there. Grass is probably my favorite surface in that you can dive without scraping yourself up but you can still get a bit of push off the ground on your jumps. I fully live up to the stereotype of the white guy with no ups so I'm not a very effective hitter on sand. I bet you would have fun playing at the Y (feels good to be out on the court again after years of not playing), although bar volleyball has the added benefit of getting drunk after (or before...I won't judge).

Steve/'s it's starting, she's speaking for you now. Bag your balls son cause you don't own them anymore.

look at these guys degrading their beach volleyball playing abilities. So humble. Just play the foking thing