suggest pls help. :(

• Start date
  • Replies 5 Comments
  • Views 2,605 Views
I've hired the services of a recruiter to help me find a job in Canada for companies with LMIAs. The recruiter is charging me $8,000 plus legal fees for preparation of the application. Does anyone have experience with using recruiters? This is a lot of money for me but if I can get a job then it seems worth it. Does anyone know how this fee compares with the fees of others?

This really depends on may factors such as what type of job you are seeking, the pay that you expect, how effetively and quickly they can get you a job, etc. Another option is to look for something for yourself. Some sites post LMIA jobs. For example, if you look on classifed sites like kijiji.com and craigslist.com you can occassionally find really good LMIA jobs. The large sites like workopolis.com are sometimes useful as well. One more site that seems to focuses on LMIA is jobsaloon.com

This really depends on may factors such as what type of job you are seeking, the pay that you expect, how effetively and quickly they can get you a job, etc. Another option is to look for something for yourself. Some sites post LMIA jobs. For example, if you look on classifed sites like kijiji.com and craigslist.com you can occassionally find really good LMIA jobs. The large sites like workopolis.com are sometimes useful as well. One more site that seems to focuses on LMIA is jobsaloon.com

Advice:

DIE

I've hired the services of a recruiter to help me find a job in Canada for companies with LMIAs. The recruiter is charging me $8,000 plus legal fees for preparation of the application. Does anyone have experience with using recruiters? This is a lot of money for me but if I can get a job then it seems worth it. Does anyone know how this fee compares with the fees of others?

i'm a recruiter for a living. real recruiters don't charge the candidates, we charge the clients (companies) AFTER you (the candidate) gets the job.

you're being taken advantage of and it sounds like a scam.

i'm a recruiter for a living. real recruiters don't charge the candidates, we charge the clients (companies) AFTER you (the candidate) gets the job.

You could have made an easy $7,500 here DUH