• Replies 10 Comments
  • Views 1,067 Views

Dark Horse

Deus Ex Machina
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
At the other place I had mentioned the first week of February as high risk. Well, here we are... Dow down almost 300 pts today.

Don't believe the media by the way. Invariably, they write their interpretation after the fact. There is no reason for that interpretation to be accurate, as long as it sounds more or less plausible. It gives people something to talk about and believe in, but it has zero value in terms of the stock market.

Scheduled buy: FSLR
Date: 2/24/10

Last edited:
I have APPL, MSFT, DRN, JRO all having a heavy hit.

I have 15K waiting to get into the market..... just waiting a few weeks and hopefully get in cheaper. A little bump in the road never hurt no one

Ok, I'm stepping back in AUY, even though the dollar is on a good run with decent volume. AUY is actually up today even with the dollar screaming to the upside. So I will start building a new position today, and maybe this time things will go my way and help me get back my cash from yesterday.

I also like to short the shit out of DANA (DAN). This was a good momentum stock for the last half of the year last year, but chickens are coming home to roost. This has been one of my winners this year, down 20% since I called it last month on the site you all are banned from. It just broke support this morning, and it dropped another 5%. It will probably rally again by the end of the day up to around the support it just broke, but I think it comes up short and continues its downward spiral.

My negative marker was 2/4 and 2/5 (for high instability). I hadn't looked beyond it, because I wanted to see how it would play out. But today I did a projection for the next six weeks. This thing could actually crash. I have a negative marker for 3/1, followed by another negative marker for 3/13. These markers are usually good for about ten days. Outlook for March: pretty much terrible. I'll be either out or short by the start of next month.

I think your right Dark Horse, I have been saying all along that last March will come around again, and actually last March didn't have a compitulation, so I expect to eventually go lower than the 6600 on the Dow, I just don't know exactly when. For now, all of my charts are telling me that we are definetly past a point of inflection and down is the way of the future.

Friggin bears. I think we go pretty much sideways with a ton of vol for a while yet.

What makes you think this MoneyFOcker? I believe the market is going down because of several chart indicators that I see. OH sure, the volatility will make us have bif up days followed by bigger down days, but the overall direction will be down I think.

By the way, I LOVE volatility. Ifyou get on the right side of the roller coaster, you can collect big time.

Two reasons. My brother's hedge fund has that position and news is mixed, both positive and negative, lately. There seem to be some signs of recovery, but there are significant hurdles to overcome and I think the market understands that. For the market to react down to 6600, I think we'd need some major indicators to come crashing down. I think people are looking for opportunities if we see a few selloffs rather than panicking.

I love volatility too RageWizard.

I'm not a bear at all, MF. Last thing I want is for this fragile economy to crash. But I can't ignore the obvious.

By the way. Last hour or so of trading today. On a Friday (!) full of fear the Dow suddenly bounces back. ;) Good to know the ol' Plunge Protection Team is still around. I doubt they'll plug the gaping hole next month may bring.