Shark Nearly Chokes To Death On Moose, Is Saved By Canadian Bystanders

• Start date
  • Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 543 Views
Plommer has been an active card carrying member of the Toronto chapter of Save the Greenland Sharks since 1988.

I have personally been involved with the rescue of one Greenland shark in Lake Ontario back in 1992, in that case the shark we saved was found stuck on the sand at Cherry Beach with a birch bark canoe lodged in its throat.

We rescued that shark by removing the canoe from it with a couple of yanks (pulls - not Americans) and set the sucker free so it could continue to feast on the 60lb Carp that frequented the area just east of the Toronto downtown core on Lake Ontario.

That rescue left me feeling extremely satisfied, the best word to sum up the experience would be "Trontastic!"

:canada:

what? Since when do we care more about sharks than moose?

what? Since when do we care more about sharks than moose?

Nobody has been killed in Canada from a shark attack, many Canadians have died as a result of a collision with a moose.

Plus moose meat is delicious, greenland shark - not so much.

Also the shark in the story was still alive and as one of g-ds creatures deserved to be saved, the moose was already dead.

Reno, when was the last time you read the Torah pal? Lots of good info in that thing.

Probably on my farcical bar mitzvah, doubt I understood what I was reading anyway.

Good job, plommatron. You are kind to God's creatures.

No teeth on these guys?

Wow, they think the life expectancy could be 200 years!

I would save a shark. Did you not read the article Reno?! I didn't eat a whole moose, it was a piece of Moose Hyde.

yeah, I read it. It didn't say anything about who killed the moose. need trontron on the case:cop:

They speculate a hunter and killed and skinned it and tossed that into the lake somewhere.

Wow. How did I miss this?

p.s. lol at "trontastic"