Ragewizard's NFL Regular Season Plays.

• Start date
  • Replies 22 Comments
  • Views 5,102 Views
O.K. people I ended the preseason by going 4 - 3, to put the overall total at 20 - 14 for the Preaseason, and I ended up collecting a little over a dime of seed money for the season. So I'll take the huge return on investment from the Tour de France, and the money I picked up from the preaseason, and start winning in the regular season with the NFL. This year will be different, instead of telling you who will lose, I just decided to go ahead and tell you all who I think will win. It seems that some people had a hard time figuring out that if I put the team on the spreadsheet last year, that it actually meant that I was betting against them. Anyway, below is the complete preseason card that I invested in. I know that you guys hate the SBR, but I do like the spreadsheet that they have.

So now on to the regular season, and I can't wait. I come out of the gate with a play on the first game of the year with New Orleans (-4.5 -107) for $500 .

The way I figure it, both New Orleans and minnesota usually come out of the gate well and cover in their 1st game. This year however, Minnesota doesn't have the receivers right now to compete with the scoring machine that is the Saints. I realize that Minnesota will try to use defense and running the ball to protect against having to air it out, but I just think that New Orleans will be able to score easily enough against the Vikes to put old fossilized Farve into a throwing situation, and Minnesota just isn't set up to throw the ball yet, maybe in a couple of weeks, but not this week.

Next it is Indy and Houston going over 47 (-103) for $400 . Yeah, the vig at Pinny kind of sucked, so I sold a half point to reduce the vig to a respectable level.

These 2 teams usually go over the total when they meet up in Houston as in the last 5 times they played, however, I am only placing a small wager on this game due to both Indy and Houston having a tendency to play under games coming out of the gate.

I like Atlanta and Pittsburgh to stay under 37.5 (+100) for $400. Yeah, I also sold a half point on this one as well because of the high vig percentage.

The way I figure it is that Atlanta has a good team that will be able to stop the Dixon led Steeler offense, and the Steelers already know that if they can't stop Atlanta they will be doomed. I'll be looking for allot of running from the Steelers, and the Falcons, and thus a low scoring game. Understand that the Steelers have a way of being involved in games that get explosive scoring for a little while, but I just don't see it from Dixon, so I put another small play on the game.

On to the game I like for the week. Cincinnati and New England to fly way over 44.5 (-103) for $700. Again I sold a half point to bring the vig into the right level.

New England has a crappy defense, and everybody knows it. If the Pats are going to win this year, they will be out scoring their opponents to do it. This week the Bungles trout on up to Chowderville, and I see them scoring atleast 20 on the Pats defense, and I know that the Brady bunch will be able to return the scoring.

I live here near Eagle country, and since until recently, I was unemployed, I had a chance to go to the Eagles training camp. I can tell you they were for the most part, lost on offense when I saw them, and the preaseason bears that out. Of course preseason doesn't mean shit, so I am basing the play of G.B -3 (+100) for $500 mostly on Green Bay and the offense they bring. I don't think old Corn on the Kolb will be able to keep up.

Bal +1 (+123) for $700.

The odds makers just have it wrong, and by Monday, I expect Baltimore to be favored. In which case I may middle this play if I don't have a decent weekend.

Rage - the Bears offense sucks. They have no ability to run the ball, and they are having OL problems pass protecting. 3rd down conversions are near the bottom too.

About the NE-SD game. SD has a lot of injuries on offense. Gates is a game-time decision, and both WR's are out.

Rage - the Bears offense sucks. They have no ability to run the ball, and they are having OL problems pass protecting. 3rd down conversions are near the bottom too.

This is why I like the under.

About the NE-SD game. SD has a lot of injuries on offense. Gates is a game-time decision, and both WR's are out.

This game is all about history for me.
N.E is 4 - 1 with the overs this year.
S.D is 4 -2 with the over this year.
S.D home games are 8-2 starting from last year.
S.D defense isn't as good as it seems on paper because of the teams they have faced this year.
S.D is desperate for a win, and I don't see them stopping N.E's offense any time soon, so that means points.

Good Luck Today.

I feel a little snake bitten this week as I had a chance on a couple of plays that went south on me last week. Owell as they say. my record is now solidly in the negative territory. at 25 -29 -1 for the year and last week I only managed 2 -6 . The cumulative totalis below.

This is a new week and I have more selections than normal which means that I haven't seen enough punishment yet. To make matters worse, the funzi bet went 5 -1. That's like hitting 5 out of 6 in the lottery.

To this week I am back at it again with:

BUF +7.5 (-114) for $500. Buffalo is on the verge of winning a game, and this week, it probably wont happen, but with the way they have been scoring lately on decent teams has me beleiving that with a hook on my side I will be victorious this week.

MIA +1 (+103) for $500. Miami is undefeated on the road, and at plus points against the Bungels are just about as good as any reason for me. Sure the harry Palmer to one of the diva receivers is a good bet against the Flipper defense this week, but the Dolpins will find a way to beat the bungels down this week.

STL -2.5 (-105) for $500. St. Louis is has a good defense, and the offense isn't that bad either. Carolina woke up last week against the snake bitten 49ers, who just seems to find a way to lose unless they are playing the raiders. I'm one the young Rams team.

NYJ -6 (-108) for $500. Well this is a play strickly for my Flippers, I figure that either I will make some dough or my team will benifit. Thats it I don't need any other reason to play this.

I also like the OVR 42.5 (-107) for $500 in the Jets / G.B game. The gang green can score some points on the Packers and the Packers will find a way to produce points against the Jets. I don't even care if they are for the jets.

DEN +1 (+115) for $500. What the hell the Broncos got beat up so bad last weel that this week they will have to man up on the international stage.

TEN @ S.D UND 44.5 (-104) for $500. S.D has defense, and a lot of problems also. What the hell, the way my season is going take the over. That would be the best bet.

T.B +3 (+114) for $500.. I'm giving T.B a chance to back up the staements last week by their coach that they are on of the best teams in the NFC. I will probably not watch this game until the 4 th quarter however.

PIT @ N.O OVR 44 (-110) for $700. This is my best play of the week. the Steelers got lucky last week to get out with a win, and Miami should how you can score against the defense that has been so stingy. Also the Pittsburgh passing game is healthy now that Rapethemburger is back.

IND -5.5 (-102) for $500. Peyton gets revenge and the offense will reign in this game.

Here are all my picks in a list format:

This weeks funzi play is:
DET -2.5
MIA @ CIN OVR 43.5
DAL -6.5
MIN @ N.E OVR 44
OAK -2.5
PIT +1

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY