quick covertune

• Start date
  • Replies 31 Comments
  • Views 2,028 Views
used to drive around with a friend who drove a restored 69 camaro ss growing up and all he played was the scorpions ,rush, the who, thin lizzy.

learn this riff reno. I learned this from metallica garage days, one of their best albums.misfits, queen covers, lots of british metal like budgie. I

was listening to thin lizzy last week

Nice job Reno. One of my fav Scorpions songs. Actually one of my fav albums of all time.

shit Greg, never knew this band existed. Pretty slick. :up: seems like Metallica took a lot of their style

btw this is the original for those who haven't heard it

500969-scorpions-love-drive-banned-album-cover-617-409.jpg

shit Greg, never knew this band existed. Pretty slick. :up: seems like Metallica took a lot of their style

Garage Days Revisited has some very good covers on there - if you can look past the Turn the Page cover.

thanx pal, will look into it. I like that style.

All this time I thought this was a hardcore, grassroots(?) Metallica original.

garage inc. has so many cool covers, its like their first first album kill em all, so many great tunes. garage was the only album that truly lived up to "kill em all" potential. They do a good version of queen stone cold crazy, live killers is till one of my favorite all time live albums. Those 70s hard rock bands started tuning lower and using gibsons, I remember riding around smoking hash and hearing queen and lizzy ,rush working man, right before school . lol

listen to one of the last lizzy songs, they were definitely going in a much harder direction before band broke up and phil died. This is lizzy but it is pretty much metal

liking this Budgie stuff Greg. How do you pronounce it? Boogeee? Bahdgee? :dunno:

:up: they have a foking classic sound. :clap: Can't believe I haven't heard of this group. I like that there's only 3 members also

:up: they have a foking classic sound. :clap: Can't believe I haven't heard of this group. I like that there's only 3 members also

They were part of that group of the NWOBM in the late 70's-early 80's, without the success of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, and others.

but apparently started in 1967. And Breadfan '73. Thats pretty early to be coming up with this kind off stuff.
I dig some of the Motorhead stuff, but JP or Iron Maiden sound I don't particularly care for.

but apparently started in 1967. And Breadfan '73. Thats pretty early to be coming up with this kind off stuff.
I dig some of the Motorhead stuff, but JP or Iron Maiden sound I don't particularly care for.

Wow, didn't realize they were around that long. I remember hearing about them in the 83-84 timeframe.

Nice Reno:chickendance: