• Start date
  • Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 736 Views

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
Ok so the season is winding down and one race in particular intersting is the Wild Card between Boston and Tampa Bay. Currently Tampa trails by 2 games.

Boston has 5 games remaining with Baltimore and 3 with the Yankees, while Tampa has 7 games remaining with the Yankees and 3 with Toronto.

It's pure speculation but there is a chance that it could come right down to the end and the Yankees could have a say in who gets the Wild Card.

Who do you think the Yankees would rather see in the playoffs? Obviously the MLB would much rather see Boston in due to the poor market for the Rays but if it comes down to New York having to play to win or just show up to get the game over with who do you think they would rather face down the line potentially?

yes yankees could throw some games, but bottom line is sox have to win games and not worry about other teams

think I saw this question at SP last week

i'm not an expert

but i'll give my two cents

first of all, the red sox will be playing the Orioles (as they are today)

but the Orioles are actually kinda tough.... been .500 since the all star break and playing loose with nothing to loose

I think the Yanks will understand that it is bad JUJU and Krama to play soft or put out a bad lineup and "give in" just so they can get a better matchup in the playoffs....

imagine how fired up the Rays would be if they completed this historic run and got the WC..

I'd say they play it straigh

I kind agre with you Arch especially about the juju part cause turning it on and off can sometimes cause problems. It would be pretty amazing if Tampa could pull this off and especially if it is all on the up and up.

would a red sox collapse rank up there with the 69 cubs collapse?

would a red sox collapse rank up there with the 69 cubs collapse?

Yes it would. They were up 11 games on TB a month ago. Sittiing on Detroit futures, I want Detroit to play Boston.