President Obama To Trial For Washington Nationals

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
With the top four spots of the Washington Nationals rotation being filled by John Lannan, Jason Marquis, Craig Stammen and Livan Hernandez there is still an opportunity for #5 as opening day creeps closer. And Barrack Obama will have a chance to grab the last place in the starting rotation as he is set to pitch for the Nationals before their opening day game against the Philadelphia Phillies, reigning National League Champions. Either that or he's set to throw the ceremonial first ball at the Washingon Nationals home game which is the 100th anniversary of a presidential pitch to kick off the season. But with some questionable signings by the Nationals this offseason, including multi-year deals for Jason Marquis and Ivan Rodriguez, don't be surprised if Obama ends up in a Nationals uniform.

halhnaacj.jpg

Although it's going to be another long season in Washington, with the main objective of the Nationals to try and take 4th place from the New York Mets in the NL East, things do look a little brighter for the future. In some ways, there are finally a few positives coming out of Washington. Well actually, two positives Ryan Zimmerman and Stephen Strasburg, two players that can be actively marketed (when Strasburg eventually reaches the majors) to their fanbase. If the front office can actively look for value free agents rather than signing 38 year old catchers to multi-year deals then an era of respectability can come the Nationals way.

I actually think that the Nationals are making strides in the right direction. They scored some runs last year...their pitching was their issue. I think they have started to make a decent blend of veteran players and young talent. Will they contend? No way...but at least they aren't sitting back and doing NOTHING.

They are not helped that they're probably in the worst division in MLB to make strides in (outside of the AL East). You've got the two time NL champions with the Phillies, you've got the Mets who always have money to spend/waste, the Braves who have one of the best set of youngsters in the game and you're up against the Marlins who can put out a competitive team on a small budget better than anyone else.

They are not helped that they're probably in the worst division in MLB to make strides in (outside of the AL East). You've got the two time NL champions with the Phillies, you've got the Mets who always have money to spend/waste, the Braves who have one of the best set of youngsters in the game and you're up against the Marlins who can put out a competitive team on a small budget better than anyone else.

I agree but they also have a blueprint with the Marlins. They are picture perfect prototype as to how to build your team. They are competitive year in and year out....then they blow up the team and start all over again with homegrown talent. If they can do it, anyone can.

Pitching for the Nationals would be a surefire way for Obama to win over Republicans!