Portland-St. Mary's End of the Weekend Play?

• Start date
  • Replies 4 Comments
  • Views 526 Views

MrMonkey

World's #1 Troll
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
10:30 EST start. Been looking at this closely and I believe Portland +4 is the right side? Vegasinsider on StM and two-minute warning is 79-21% for StM. Looking at preseason polls Portland was predicted ahead of StM.

Portland played last night but StM hasn't played in 8 days? Stat wise a barnbunrer, is Portland under the radar here? On ESPN2 and off tomorrow. Raivio out worries me, but been that way for awhile. Record of 10-2 and beat StM last time out without him. Has anyone seen these teams play on TV? Any opinions are welcomed! Your advice would help out greatly! :popcorn:

I've been thinking about this game too, Monkey. Portland played a solid game from tip to buzzer last night, I was watching. I also have a fondness for UP as I do most things from Portland. But I have to believe on a neutral court St. Mary's will emerge victorious, and most likely cover the spread. They have the best player in the WCC this year in Omar Samham who plays with an awesome complementary guard Mickey McConnell, and their usual bevy of face-to-the-basket big men that they import from Australia. I give the edge in the front-court to USM and in the back-court to Portland, although it's pretty close without Raivio.

In the end I think these conference tourneys depend more on the coaching staff than the players, as these guys have all played each other twice and know how to break each other down. Big edge to USM on coaching thanks to Randy Bennett, who is on a lot of other team's short-list as a coach that can deliver under pressure.

My heart is with the Pilots and I've got my purple polo to wear for the game, but my money is going to be on USM, probably half and half ML and spread.

Thanks RS! Case closed for PU! :thumbup:

I lean St Mary's, I think they win the whole WCC tournament.