• Views 612 Views

djiddish98

The Dunk
Since
Jun 6, 2010
Score
Tokens
Another question re: pinnacle pricing

Was taking a look at the alternate lines for the NE - MIA game tonight, and they are currently offering Miami +7.5 for -300.

Also, I noticed this week they're offering the Saints ML at -325, with the Saints being a 7 point favorite.

Why would there be such a discrepancy in favor of the saints? Yes, these are different markets, but you're essentially getting an 8.5 point tease for a cheaper price than a 7 point tease (if we ignore the lean on the spread, which isn't too big).

what am I missing?

Pats +7.5 now -305 as opposed to Dolphins +7.5 at -300. ML is -106 / -104 for the Dolphins.

Not that anyone bets these, but it's a bit sillay.

you need to look into the fact that there are slightly different push probabilities for home and away teams with the same spread.

you need to look into the fact that there are slightly different push probabilities for home and away teams with the same spread.

Is slightly different a material amount?

For Week 5, it costs 25 cents to buy Rams from +3 to +3.5 (away). It costs 26 cents to buy Browns +3 to +3.5 (home) - the difference I assume is really just rounding.

However, I haven't looked into differences between home / road when the number is far away from the original spread.