• Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 762 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
When patty says something , he means it.
But the things he says are understood by only one person, himself.

Eat pavement = I will buy you beer.

I own a company = I have a job

I know there are more, but my memory is like mudcats, it may take a while to remember the others.

I used to take steroids = "I wish I wasn't a pitiful little coward with a Jheri curl...." *sniff sniff*

You're fat, ugly and you will die alone = OMG OMG, I JUST SAW YOU WALK BY!!! YOU HAD A BACKPACK ON!!!111

I hesitate to pile on because I actually do have sympathy and also empathy to a degree. It only takes the most basic understanding of psychology to translate. It's not specific to Bateman but he is an extreme case.

Extreme outward hostility = I feel crappy about myself

Unusual focus on calling people cowards = I feel I am cowardly

Unusual focus on calling people losers = I feel I am a loser

The simplest Psych 101 stuff.

Perhaps,

You are an addict which makes you a bad person = I don't handle my beer very well

Damn, Muddy was meaner in his "symapthy" than Matty and I put together (pun intended) with our pith. :bowdown:

It's not specific to Bateman but he is an extreme case.

The simplest Psych 101 stuff.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I'm guessing that continuing his ultra angry posting style was getting to be quite the burden, considering he (not surprisingly) is such a pussycat in real life.

Bateman has revealed alot about himself by meeting up with fatman and slobyn.

I wonder how patty will behave in forumville now that his "secret" is out.

I think he will step out of the spotlight for a bit, maybe get treated briefly for his Internet-tough-guy addiction, but he'll be back to his regular brand or CRUSHING in no time. He's a natural.

Damn, Muddy was meaner in his "symapthy" than Matty and I put together (pun intended) with our pith. :bowdown:

Really? Was I mean? I wasn't intending to be.

I spent good chunks of my younger days feeling crappy about myself and I do have empathy.

Really? Was I mean? I wasn't intending to be.

I spent good chunks of my younger days feeling crappy about myself and I do have empathy.

Well, I suppose it wasn't really mean or cruel, considering that he's egged us on to destroy him for quite some time. But like yourself, I've served my time in the prison of self-loathing, and I know all too well how hearing the psychological conclusions that can be drawn from a cursory examination of yourself can be quite staggering at first. I guess I was just projecting how I would've felt had someone drawn those impressions of me for the first time.

You're too sweet to be mean, Muddy; my bad for alarming you.