Olympic Hockey: USA vs. Canaduh

• Start date
  • Replies 101 Comments
  • Views 6,798 Views
I don't know what Brodeur was thinking. Some kind of cowboy goaltending. The way guys used to play goalie in the old west.

Don't follow hockey much anymore, but totally surprised by Brodeur! Remember this guy stoning my Flyers game after game, year after year. Standing on his head in the playoffs. Is he still top notch in the NHL, or has he lost it somewhat? Just a bad night tonight?:popcorn:

It certainly looks like he is on the downside of his career, but I am sure he will bounce back in the NHL. Brodeur will never play another international game for Canada.

A tale of two goalies!
I dont think either of these teams wins this thing.

I actually think the U.S. can win a medal IF Miller keeps up his hot play. Russians are still scary though.

I don't know what Brodeur was thinking. Some kind of cowboy goaltending. The way guys used to play goalie in the old west.

Like I said, Brodeur will never play another international game for Canada.

Of course I do Sis. I'd never turn my back on a person who carries the same DNA as mine :) How is Dad doing today?

A tale of two goalies!
I dont think either of these teams wins this thing.

Canada can win it all. I assume they will switch goalies. There were plenty of positive signs in there.

When you have been through as many scares as I have in these international tourneys going back ~40 years, you know they can pull it together.

Canada can win it all. I assume they will switch goalies. There were plenty of positive signs in there.

When you have been through as many scares as I have in these international tourneys going back ~40 years, you know they can pull it together.

I have my doubts, Mudcat. The USA is just too good.

I don't know Mudder. Luongo better be on his game. This is his time to take the reigns from Brodeur and cement himself as Canada's top goalie. The Russians are the only team that scares me and we'll likely meet them in the quarter's. It's going to be tough.

You have to get by the mighty Germans first.

I have my doubts, Mudcat. The USA is just too good.

Ryan Miller was spectacular tonight. It was an amazing performance by him for sure, but the rest on the Yank team was mediocre at best.

Everyone should just forfeit to the US and save themselves the embarrassment.

I wouldn't count them out man. If Miller continues his hot play then they will be tough to beat.
I doubt Miller can continue to save his team the rest of the way. I've seen enough of him in Buffalo to know he can go cold very quickly.

You have to admit though Plommer he was pretty hot tonight.

US did a good job in front of their own net. Miller was outstanding. US was a little more aggressive. Not as many shots, but more tenacious/desperate on both ends. They also seemed to have a little more in the tank from about the 10 minute mark to the last 2 minute barrage.

Exciting, really good hockey game. Canada was clearly more skilled, but the US made up for it in hustle and grit tonight....and Miller.