Obama Vs The BCS

• Start date
  • Replies 3 Comments
  • Views 981 Views

Should The BCS Implement A Playoff System?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
As was widely reported in the press today, Obama followed through on one of his election pledges to "throw my weight around a little bit" regarding the BCS and the lack of a playoff system. Orrin Hatch, the Republican Senator of Utah, received a letter from the Justice department that "outlined the inequities" of the current system and was contemplating an investigation of the BCS, citing antitrust issues.

Another season with undefeated teams such as TCU and Boise State missing out on the chance to play in a national championship have again raised the issue of current BCS system. Despite having a perfect record Senator Hatch's Utah Utes were left out in the 2008 season.

So, aside from the issues of the government getting involved in this particular area, what does everyone think?

I am with him whole-heartedly. The current system is idiotic. If any other sport talked about dropping their playoff system to implement something like what college football does, it would be considered one of the all-time stupid ideas in sport.

I'm sure people will say he should have bigger things to worry about but fuck it, it takes 2 seconds to delegate the writing of that letter.