• Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 839 Views

Archie

SP Nation and I Ruin things
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Heard on the radio this morning, that Goodell said somewhere recently that the NFL was looking into banning the 3 point stance.

what the fuck is going on with this pansy league anymore?

I guess the intent is to limit the speed/power that a Defensive lineman can gather in a short period of time..... prob to reduce the number of big hits/concussions on quarterbacks, as a result of the defensive end getting around the o-linemen.

I need to find out more about this, what would they do with 0-linemen 3 point stances.... you know how hard it would be to line up without at 3 point stance at gaurd/tackle?

So what dudes who are so blessed as to be completely hung to the floor are banned? This may be a discrimination that warrents a law suit.

I believe they will grandfather in any existing human tripods in the league

I gotta believe it is just "talk" and not serious at this point

They were talking about this back in the fall on sports radio in Boston, the idea is that the DL are so big and fast now a days, that they want to slow them down, and try and prevent injuries.

They were talking about this back in the fall on sports radio in Boston, the idea is that the DL are so big and fast now a days, that they want to slow them down, and try and prevent injuries.

yeah

I am proposing a rule that really tall basketball players not be allowed to raise their hands all the way over their heads to dunk, block shots, and rebound.....

also guys that can jump really high, will be required to where a 25 lb weighted vest

yeah

I am proposing a rule that really tall basketball players not be allowed to raise their hands all the way over their heads to dunk, block shots, and rebound.....

also guys that can jump really high, will be required to where a 25 lb weighted vest

I can't see how this will fly ever.....its pretty insane. Every defense will end up doing one of those "roaming things" They will end up 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage and get a running head start....

yeah

I don't think it is a good idea. But I am glad that the NFL is taking this concussion issue serious. These talks of rules change is for increase safety, but I guess the other argument is it is football, not some pussy sport, injuries happen.

I don't think it is a good idea. But I am glad that the NFL is taking this concussion issue serious. These talks of rules change is for increase safety, but I guess the other argument is it is football, not some pussy sport, injuries happen.

yeah I mean I understand the injury issue. But I would think alot more injuries come as a result of open field stuff. Safeties leveling defenseless receivers catching the ball over the middle and Helmet to helmet stuff by db's and lb's.

have they had alot of rule changes in rugby to protect those players?

those guys don't even have equipment really.

yeah I mean I understand the injury issue. But I would think alot more injuries come as a result of open field stuff. Safeties leveling defenseless receivers catching the ball over the middle and Helmet to helmet stuff by db's and lb's.

have they had alot of rule changes in rugby to protect those players?

those guys don't even have equipment really.

The thing is the equipment is causing the injuries. Especially in hockey, the shoulder and elbow pads are made out of kevlar. Taking an elbow to the head is now a lot more powerful. They need to establish rules on what the equipment can be made out of. I think this would help slow down the rise of concussions.

Goodell makes like what, $10 mil a year, he's a complete fucking moron.