Never Seen What's Happening at Daytona Before?

• Start date
  • Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 916 Views

MrMonkey

World's #1 Troll
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Have they ever did this much repair work on a track before? Did I hear right they needed to try 3 different substances till it work? Said cars will go faster and be running 3 wide! Hopefully be a wild second half!:thumbup:

I've never seen this much red flag time due to track conditions, no, only weather. Honestly, it's broken my excitement for the end of the race. I'm already busy rooting on Fernando Verdasco in the SAP Open. Good tennis being played so far, too.

WTF is the deal with the track, I've been watching on and off all day and everytime I turn around they're working on the track.

I agree, one stoppage wasn't bad, but now a second one?:thumbsdown:

All the rain they have had added with the colder weather just played havoc with the asphalt. At least they were at a track with lights so they were able to do what they had to do to fix the track and finish the race.

This would be just another reason that I don't watch this stupid sport. They don't stop a football game because the field isn't in perfect condition...you adjust and move on. Insane.

This would be just another reason that I don't watch this stupid sport. They don't stop a football game because the field isn't in perfect condition...you adjust and move on. Insane.

Or you fix the track before the races start. They only use the track twice a year.

Or you fix the track before the races start. They only use the track twice a year.

Well my point was that they assume the track was in good shape....alright. So they made a bad miscalculation and it started to be crappy in the middle of the race. I can live with that (doesn't make sense but I can live with it) now you must move on and allow the race to go on and force the racers to adjust.....especially in your "superbowl of races"

stress fractures won't show up until mid-race. Water destroys a lot of things. Just ask rocks. The danger with leaving it is having a chunk fly up through a windshield or into the stands.

stress fractures won't show up until mid-race. Water destroys a lot of things. Just ask rocks. The danger with leaving it is having a chunk fly up through a windshield or into the stands.

Then deal with it...fans take that risk when coming to the race and the drivers when getting behind the wheel.....not much of an excuse.

Then deal with it...fans take that risk when coming to the race and the drivers when getting behind the wheel.....not much of an excuse.

Maybe impose a speed limit and have the race at a slower pace and allow demolition derby rules.

You obviously missed all the whining, bitching and moaning after some fans got injured at Talladega last spring when Carl Edwards' try to fly into the stands.