MonkeyF0cker, should I light another candle?

• Start date
  • Replies 12 Comments
  • Views 1,247 Views

Oksana

zig a zig ah
Since
Jun 16, 2010
Score
Tokens
You're taking this stuff, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

If it is you I'm thinking of then I hereby ban you from entering any more Rasper threads. The constant burials may destroy your already fragile heart.

Research published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal on Monday shows that people who took varenicline were more likely to experience “serious adverse cardiovascular events,” such as an irregular heart beat, heart attack or stroke, than people who took a placebo.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...out-anti-smoking-drug-champix/article2086124/

Yikes. Yeah.

Jeez. That would really put a damper on Casper's parade if I killed myself and he found out it was actually caused by Chantix rather than his exceptional beatdowns.

I only have a couple more weeks of it anyway...

MonkeyF0cker, a brief review of Chantix if you wouldn't mind.

It makes quitting very simple, Polaroid. At first, you'll have your normal cravings. After about a week, you'll be down to a few cigarettes per day. After week two, you sort of forget about smoking. You'll have your occasional craving. But it doesn't do anything for you. It just tastes like shit. I haven't been sleeping well on it, but every time that I quit, my sleep is effected. You get some crazy dreams and sometimes some intense nightmares. That's kind of fun actually. I have also been a bit irritable and short-tempered as a result with a bit of a haziness in concentration. And you have bouts of depression. I have cut back on my dosage to half a pill a day now due to the side effects. But I want to make sure that the quit sticks this time so I'm sticking with it. I've been on it for a month and a week and haven't had a smoke in three weeks, but I'll be glad to be done with it.

Are you meant to smoke while you are taking it, as in it will eventually kick in and stop you wanting to do it at all?

Yeah. It's actually expected that you'll smoke while you're on it.

did you just go to your doc and say I want to quit smoking? I need to utilize my insurance in the next 2 weeks and chantix seems extremely +EV.

Yeah, choo. Just went to my regular doc and told him I wanted a prescription to Chantix. It took about 10 minutes.

This isn't meant to be funny or to poke fun at quitting smoking because I take it very serious................

I used to be a "social" smoker. When I had some drinks, the cigs were not far behind.

I tried MANY times to quit. What finally worked was I watched these videos on YouTube like 10-20 times a day. You may laugh, but it worked for me.

I haven't touched a cig in over 2 years. Not a puff.

I've heard about Chantix and the bizarre dreams. A friend was quitting by using that and he said he had really crazy, realistic dreams that freaked him out.