Moneyball

• Start date
  • Replies 65 Comments
  • Views 6,547 Views
was talking about it with a baseball fan friend while leaving work and he said that Paul Depodesta specifically asked NOT to have his name or exact story used in the movie

A's let Giambi, Damon, Tejada, and Zito walk.

Traded Hudson for Dan Meyer, Juan Cruz, and Charles Thomas.

Traded Mulder for Dan Haren, Daric Barton, and Kiko Calero.

Traded Haren a few years later for Brett Anderson, Dana Eveland, Greg Smith, Chris Carter, Aaron Cunningham and Carlos Gonzalez.

Traded Gonzalez and Huston Street for Matt Holiday.

Traded Holiday for Brett Wallace, Shane Peterson and Clayton Mortensen.

Traded Wallace to the Jays for Michael Taylor.

Anderson, Barton, Carter and Taylor are on the A's 40-man roster at the moment.

Like we said, Royals +1.5

Last edited:
the difference is we knew what we were getting with cj. a crappy post season pitcher douche that none of the team really liked. he also is a #2 pitcher at best. with darvish the upside is he could be our chris carpenter or our tim linecum. we figure worst case he is as good as cj

worst case scenario is looking even dimmer

At what point do you give up on Billy Beane?

2007 76 86 .469 3rd in AL West
2008 75 86 .466 3rd in AL West
2009 75 87 .463 4th in AL West
2010 81 81 .500 2nd in AL West
2011 74 88 .457 3rd in AL West

Good thing they didn't.

Recently heard an interview with one of the players on that A's team who had just seen the movie for the first time. His take was that the movie was chalk full of inaccuracies. Can't think of the guy's name at the moment.

Anyway, just detail after detail, fictionalized.

However he found it very entertaining overall.

Recently heard an interview with one of the players on that A's team who had just seen the movie for the first time. His take was that the movie was chalk full of inaccuracies. Can't think of the guy's name at the moment.

Anyway, just detail after detail, fictionalized.

However he found it very entertaining overall.

Too bad you don't have google and an internet connection. You could have looked it up.

I miss John Lester on the Sox. We fucked that up bad. Sure we'll rebuild quickly but I guaranty you this - we won't have an ace of that caliber anytime soon, especially post season (when we get a whiff of it again).

Watched it recently. I like how they made Howe a grumpy old timer who didn't want to implement the system, but then ended up getting all the credit. Good acting by that Hoffman fella. But it seemed a little hard to believe

In the interview with the player which I was referring to earlier, that was one of several points he made: that the real Howe was nothing like the movie.

I used to go to watch the a's as a real young kid when billy martin, an east bay mative, was there as manager and general manager. did fantastic in 1980 and he basically got fired from both jobs the next year . overworked the pitchers

billy_martin_autograph.jpg

Last edited: