• Replies 233 Comments
  • Views 17,548 Views

Matty

Bringing Sexy Back
Since
Jan 26, 2010
Score
Tokens
GTA posters, talk me out of it. About to get an offer I probably won't be able to refuse. I already know a bunch of anglo-Montrealer expatriates who have been working/living there for a bit, so the transition would be somewhat smooth... right? I mean, I only have to ignore the fact that I'll be smack in the middle of Leafs Nation. No biggie.

My people are going to disown me. :wah:

:canada:

Well I have only been to Toronto once in my life that was years ago so I have no idea what that city has to offer compared to Montreal but isn't it supposed to be Canada's version of NYC? A lot of culture and a lot to do?

If you have a great offer and think you would be happy there...I say why not?

Toronto is the enemy Amby. Or I am the enemy. Either way, there's baggage between us.

I think I might be willing to give Real Canada a try though. Plommer, Muddy, Fiver, 20four7... let's go curl and mispronounce the "ou" diphthong like we just don't care.

Which reminds me, I need to learn to speak English.

Sounds like you will be one step closer to being an American....

Never sell out Matty.

Matty, I'm drunk, listen to me, my ears are buzzing

I thought you had already moved here. We got a guy in our office that's a lot like you, to keep him half ass normal we have to send him to Montreal for a weekend every 3 months...... stupid fucker.

Never sell out Matty.

Matty, I'm drunk, listen to me, my ears are buzzing

Sold out over a decade ago reno. No regrets, cause the only other option was to play guitar in the subway.

I thought you had already moved here. We got a guy in our office that's a lot like you, to keep him half ass normal we have to send him to Montreal for a weekend every 3 months...... stupid fucker.

Attaboy Mr. Four7, that's what I'm talking about. Let it all out.

Come on down, Matt Rain. I can borrow your electric guitar and you can give me some lessons.

What else have you got that I can borrow?

Hey, you could give my car a wash!

GTA posters, talk me out of it. About to get an offer I probably won't be able to refuse. I already know a bunch of anglo-Montrealer expatriates who have been working/living there for a bit, so the transition would be somewhat smooth... right? I mean, I only have to ignore the fact that I'll be smack in the middle of Leafs Nation. No biggie.

My people are going to disown me. :wah:

Toronto can fucking have you. Maybe you can teach those snotty bastards how to be snottier. I say go for it.

Toronto is the enemy Amby. Or I am the enemy. Either way, there's baggage between us.

I think I might be willing to give Real Canada a try though. Plommer, Muddy, Fiver, 20four7... let's go curl and mispronounce the "ou" diphthong like we just don't care.

Which reminds me, I need to learn to speak English.

Matty as my Canadian brother I cannot talk you out of moving to the greatest city in Canada.

We have more Italian, Chinese and Greek speaking residents than French ones, so the there is a good chance you will forget how to speak your language and become a true uni lingual Anglophone - this would be a great service to our country.

You will learn to love the Leafs and suffer with the masses here, while it will be possible for you to secretly root for Le Canadiens you must never do so publicly, or you may end up returning to Quebec in a pine box.

Welcome to YYZ my friend.
Toronto can fucking have you. Maybe you can teach those snotty bastards how to be snottier. I say go for it.
Pucker, you've flipped pal, Toronto is one of the friendliest places on the continent. Have you ever even visited this great city?

Plommer,

Next to NYC, Toronto has to be one of the unfriendliest places I've ever lived/visited.

Plommer,

Next to NYC, Toronto has to be one of the unfriendliest places I've ever lived/visited.
It's an inaccurate stereotype, this is a big city with millions of people which makes it impossible to have the same feel as a small east coast fishing village.

Less than 50% of the residents of this city were born here means language is often a barrier as well.

If you are white and speak English properly, you will find friendly people here. (Matty Rain is fucked).

Muddy, we're gonna rock TO proper. You'll just have to learn to play backwards guitar if you wanna borrow my shit (me lefty - the one fun thing is you can borrow a Strat of mine and look at yourself in the mirror and pretend you're Jimi Hendrix. You don't got the skin tone but you got the smack!)

Pucky, don't be so angry all the time. And try Paris or London if you think people in NYC and Toronto are snotty.

Plommer, thanks for the moral support. I think I'm gonna root for Buffalo teams.

Boys, I'm getting all sorts warm and fuzzy feelings from the outpouring of brotherly love in this thread. That was completely unexpected! Go Canada - go us!

You'll just have to learn to play backwards guitar if you wanna borrow my shit (me lefty)

You don't need to worry about it. When I borrow it, I will simply restring it to suit my needs. Except I've never done that with an electric so you could do it for me neighbour! :thumbup:

What's a little restringing between neighbours! That's the least I can do since you'll kindly let me borrow the Impala on weekends. I'll need insurance too - you can simply add me as an occasional driver, it's really no big deal. When you get the chance. I just figure you're not too busy today cause you said you weren't betting the NCAAB tournament.

Canada feels like family already. :cheers:

Plommer, thanks for the moral support. I think I'm gonna root for Buffalo teams.
You've already figured it out, this is what Leaf fans that can't afford/obtain Leaf tickets do, they become Sabres fans - it's much cheaper.

Muddy, we're gonna rock TO proper. You'll just have to learn to play backwards guitar if you wanna borrow my shit (me lefty - the one fun thing is you can borrow a Strat of mine and look at yourself in the mirror and pretend you're Jimi Hendrix. You don't got the skin tone but you got the smack!)

Pucky, don't be so angry all the time. And try Paris or London if you think people in NYC and Toronto are snotty.

Boys, I'm getting all sorts warm and fuzzy feelings from the outpouring of brotherly love in this thread. That was completely unexpected! Go Canada - go us!

Before you get all warm and fuzzy I'll give you a big fuck you for not accepting me as a friend on facebook.

20four7 out....

Peace to all the anglophones.

I've been to London a couple times and the people are a lot friendlier there than Toronto.