• Start date
  • Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 758 Views

rito

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'm looking to upgrade form the crappy product sbr gives away for free. I've only used rbslines and sportsinsights before, but am looking for something better.

Have free trials of DonBest and SportsOptions going. Like sportsoptions a lot so far and it's way cheaper. Anyone use this? Seems to have some good halftime line features. I think I may subscribe.

RBS is 5 minutes behind on pinnacle changes and missed half of them (though to be fair, they've moved the A&M line 25 times in the last 8 minutes). Not sure what good that does anyone.

Have you thought about getting a program to compile XML feeds?
The one I have is bespoke (and proprietary) but does everything I need.

Have you thought about getting a program to compile XML feeds?
The one I have is bespoke (and proprietary) but does everything I need.

Yes, I paid some idiot at rentacoder to this for me last year from pinny, only it didn't work. Eventually I will look back into it or figure out how to do it myself when I get better at programming.

What site(s) do you want to monitor? I could code you an XML feed/scraper to DB app.

The big problem with Pinnacle is that you need about 20 different IP addresses if you want to update the DB every 3 seconds since Pinny has a 60 second restriction for pulling the feed. Unless you have that capability, you're better off with a line service.

Yea, I know they ban your IP if you hit it more than once a minute.

I'm liking sportsoptions quite a bit. It has mostly what I need for now.

Pops halftime games up to the top, with a pop up box score, and countdown to 2nd half.

Nice. Do they have Vegas lines at all? I use Don Best currently.

I see Leroys, Hilton, Mirage, CalNeva, Spoint, Luckys, Harrahs, Coasts, HdRock, Jerry's, Stations, and Wynn. I assume those are all vegas books.

It's quite a bit cheaper than donbest at $299 a month.

How does Sports Options compare with Sports Insights? I've only used the latter and gave up on it after awhile. I notice the Standard packages are about the same price, $80-$100.