• Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 569 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
For me it's an automatic play on Toronto as dogs vs a team they already beat.

If you want to bet Toronto it may be best to bet early as Leafs +110 likely won't be available closer to gametime. I expect it to get bet down to -105 or so.

Supposedly J V R is out for Tuesday against Winnipeg. I still think the Leafs can beat the Jets at home though. As long as Reimer is in nets the Leafs should win. It still feels very trappy to me for some reason. It basically boils down to how much you believe the Leafs have changed as a team. The old Leafs would lose this for sure. In theory, the 'new and improved' Leafs should win this game 3-1 at the very least. At any rate here are some stats that I found interesting.

Maple Leafs are 10-1 in their last 11 vs. a team with a losing record.
Maple Leafs are 5-1 in their last 6 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
Maple Leafs are 4-1 in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
Maple Leafs are 3-9 in their last 12 games playing on 2 days rest.
Maple Leafs are 2-11 in their last 13 Tuesday games.

Jets are 4-1 in their last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
Jets are 2-6 in their last 8 vs. Northeast.

Under is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings.
Home team is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings.

Stats/Schmatts - so many angles can be formed from all those stats.

This isn't a Leaf road game, arena in Winnipeg will be 50% Leaf fans.

Jets playing first game home following long east coast road trip, we like Toronto as the dog, they may close as favourite by the time the puck drops.

You should neither rely on nor dismiss Schmatts. They are merely there for perusal. Unless you are not man enough to read 'em??

Quincy, look at enough stats and you can make an argument to support both sides.

I enjoy stats that contradict.

I find stats like Leafs are 2-11 in last 13 Tuesday games interesting. It means that the old Leafs never took their game seriously enough to stay focused through weekends...probably just partying and generally not giving a shit. I have made one small bet on Toronto for this.

classic Tuesday for Leafs... Stats schmatts