Kei Kamara's Bad Day At The MLS Office

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
The goal poacher is a term used in soccer to denote a striker known for the ability beat defenders and to score goals from close range. Although their goals generally aren't the most beautiful in the world and they are not usually remembered as elites in their field, they do their job as they get the ball in the back of the net.

And then you get the goal thief, the player who does whatever he can to try and steal a goal off other player who did 99% of the work. Has the ball beaten the defense and on it's way to the goal? Enter the goal thief to give it an extra kick just to make sure and claim the goal. Probably annoying if it should have been your goal but it's a team game after all and a goal is still a goal. And then you get the times when the goal thief actually steals a goal away from the team which is what happened to Kei Kamara of the Kansas City Wizards in the MLS game against the LA Galaxy at the weekend.

After the an attempt on goal is deflected first by the goalkeeper and then by the left post, all Kamara needed to do was make pretty much any kind of contact to a relatively stationary ball to claim one of the easiest goals he had ever scored. Basically, he just had to make sure he didn't fall over like a clown and use an illegal hand movement to guide the ball into the back of the net.

great post. don't feel bad for him at all. what a jackass with the faux celebration

What is the dope arguing about?

Lummox.

I guess the conversation went something like: "What? What do you mean it hit my hand? It never touched my hand"

Another few quality misses, first up is Croation Ilija Sivonjic in what could be an even worse example of Kamara's boob:

And here Denmark's Jon Dahl Tomasson defying the laws of physics - surely it is impossible to kick a ball over the crossbar from that position:

Finally, back to the Old Skool for the finest example of the miss. Following a long ball to him, Ronny Rosenthal beat the defender and the goalkeeper and all that was left was to kick the ball into the empty net.