Its snowing again here, but this time it is weird.

• Start date
  • Replies 4 Comments
  • Views 653 Views

RageWizard

Since
Feb 4, 2010
Score
Tokens
Weird I say because Penn State has yet to dismiss classes for today. That means I may have to slumber into work later. The campus is around 10 miles away, and it is barely snowing there, but at my house we have 4 inches already, and it looks pretty bad. I hope the cancel classes so I can get out and go skiing a little later.

what do you teach there rager? math courses? econonomics? I miss creamery ice cream.....

RW, over here in South Jersey calling for anywhere from 4" to over a foot? Rain just cleared out some of the mess and now this! Sounds like N. Jersey will get hit alot harder this time! Sucks and MrsMonkey is even more depressed this winter! Of course it doesn't help that she has to put in the GLPTOD for me each day and sees my book balance and all my bets placed! Bread and gang, keep the winners coming!:thumbup:

what do you teach there rager? math courses? econonomics? I miss creamery ice cream.....

Penn State is cheap, I am work on my masters, and part of the deal is they are looking for people "In the Business" to help instruct the students so they can say they have their faculty in touch with industry. So basically, I teach engineering starter courses, mainly Statics, and this semester it is dynamic power transfer. So to get away from engineering language for a second. Statics is basically like building a bridge, figuring out what you got to do to make something strong enough to withstand the weight or forces that you plan for the structure to support. Then the dynamic power transfer is basically studying gears, pulleys, linkages, cams, and ways to transfer power from one thing to another.

The deal is I teach these basic 1st year courses, and they don't charge me anything for my masters, and I can roll the courses that I instruct into my thesis.
I know, my English skills are lacking, but then again most engineers are lacking in this area as well.

About 90 SW of PSU here, and just flurries but feels like Armageddon outside.
Kinda scurred tbh have to drive to Pitt tomorrow and navigate myself around Washington Pa hope it works out for you