• Replies 8 Comments
  • Views 943 Views

Oksana

zig a zig ah
Since
Jun 16, 2010
Score
Tokens
So I was double checking the song just now because I want to get my son a gift for each day and I'm going to tie it in with the theme of the song. Yeah, I missed the first 2 days here but if I were back in N America I would've only missed one so far so I'm going with that. Not like he'll know the difference anyway.

Anyway, I look on Wikipedia for the lyrics and see this:

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...4 Colly Birds

WTF is a Colly Bird? I mean I know what it is now because I looked it up but this is definitely not how I learned the song. I can clearly see our little carol books we'd get each year with the words 4 CALLING birds. Not damn Colly birds.

This is seriously tripping me out now. Did my little small town school in Canada lead me astray? I have BELTED out the words to this song countless times when I've been schmuckered on Xmas Eve. It's calling bird, right? Right?????!!

C'mon, Shari. What is a calling bird? That doesn't even make sense.

Yeah. It was 4 calling birds where I'm from as well.

By the way, one of my friends from Oz likes to call vaginas "muckholes." Is that a common expression there?

Bloody prick - I was preparing myself for the legendary MF onslaught until I scrolled down. :lmao:

I haven't heard anyone say muckhole but that doesn't mean much since the guys I hang out with tend to just say cunt or box. Muckhole may be used in more rarefied circles than I currently find myself amongst.

Worst. Christmas song. Ever.

Best. Christmas songs. For babies.

They love that counting shit. I'm willing to comply to make up for an Xmas filled with sun and sand instead of snow and sludge as it should be. :)

Yeah I suppose. Babies, counting, 5 Goooold rings, yada yada.

I was just speaking from the perspective of a musical snob. Really crappy insipid piece of music.