Is Having Kids Selfish?

• Start date
  • Replies 118 Comments
  • Views 8,819 Views
Lots of very predictable ridiculousness in this thread.

:handshake:

Most people will have some good times. Is it worth it?:dunno: It's natural, thats what we have. Wouldn't call it selfish.

There is an abundance of riff raff I've noticed lately. But thats just from my perspective

What having children is, is human nature. It's the nature of most living beings. It is what our bodies where biologically/scientifically built for.

What is selfish, is bring a child into the world, and then choosing something over them, be it men, drugs, alcohol, yourself, your career...whatever. Selfish is having someone else raise or support your child. Selfish is lack of sacrifice for the child you chose to create ad bring into this world. Selfish is not providing that child a good life, or a good example. We are not simply raising children, we are raising human beings, we are raising people, we are raising veterinarians, doctors, lawyers, store clerks, police, pilots, whatever they end up being....we are raising a new being, to be part of a new generation and a new society, same as you and me, that one day will be an adult and in charge of the world we live in. Selfish, is not respecting that or preparing them for it. creating, having, and raising a PERSON, is not a subject of debate, what it is, is a serious decision and a serious, and life long responsibility.

sometimes i feel selfish for not having kids ... i seem to fuck up the long relationships when i could have probably gotten married about 4 times already... i dunno, im sure i would be a great dad...im great with all the ex gf's kids ... dunno, seems like such a hugh step i dont feel like making :dunno:

What having children is, is human nature. It's the nature of most living beings. It is what our bodies where biologically/scientifically built for.

What is selfish, is bring a child into the world, and then choosing something over them, be it men, drugs, alcohol, yourself, your career...whatever. Selfish is having someone else raise or support your child. Selfish is lack of sacrifice for the child you chose to create ad bring into this world. Selfish is not providing that child a good life, or a good example. We are not simply raising children, we are raising human beings, we are raising people, we are raising veterinarians, doctors, lawyers, store clerks, police, pilots, whatever they end up being....we are raising a new being, to be part of a new generation and a new society, same as you and me, that one day will be an adult and in charge of the world we live in. Selfish, is not respecting that or preparing them for it. creating, having, and raising a PERSON, is not a subject of debate, what it is, is a serious decision and a serious, and life long responsibility.

Jesus you nailed it baby. Seriously, no pun intended.

Most people will have some good times. Is it worth it?:dunno: It's natural, thats what we have. Wouldn't call it selfish.

There is an abundance of riff raff I've noticed lately. But thats just from my perspective

We share the same perspective then. There is a lot of riff raff.

My brother's in-laws told me at a holiday dinner once that I was selfish for not having kids, who knows?

One of the "perks" of being in existence is we can procreate.
Is it selfish that we crave to produce a physical product that stems from a mutual love to another?
Selfishness only applies when you are making babies to raise your status or raise your tax refund.
This applies to Kim Kardashian and most of Detroit.

cami that was good. God bless.

And as for the argument of it being selfish because the world is over populated....that is bound to happen sooner or later. No I do not think all people are cut out to be parents, and there a quite a few I don't think should ever be allowed to reproduce, but that is not my choice. So, just because other people had too many kids, just because other people are fuck ups, that means the rest shouldn't have our own family? That's just ignorant. I could see an issue if someone were having like 5+ kids, but to say a couple that loves each other and wants to start their own family shouldn't even have just one because the rest of the world fucked up....yeah, NO.

Stop thinking so much you'll be worm food in no time who gives a shit.

You shouldn't multiply your genes matty you wreak of gay. Your kid will be slobbing on knobs at the glory hole by 12 years old.

*reek of

And you'll retire a part-time shelf-stocker you vapid goofball.