• Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 2,696 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
They had some great deals and I was doing a lot of business there last summer/fall until things started to seem a bit unstable around the time Carl left and then they implemented some ridiculous rules for rollovers.

Anybody active there?

FWIW, from SBR:

3/6/2010 03:08 PM
bet911 upgraded from C- to C

Just doing a bit of research, the "activity day hold" rule from their T & C's that made it seem like you needed a lawyer to play there and caused a lot of complaints has apparently been removed.

I play there.

I like that they give me -107 on quarters and halves as well as full games. Haven't had a chance to request a payout of late, so donno about that.

The name "bet911" makes me think you may need to call 911 to get paid.

Seems dodgy.

When I played there before it was one of these deals where they offered so many good perks, you had to wonder if they could survive. They were almost too generous.

Then they had a bit of drama when their main forum presence, Carl, left the organization. That's when I stopped playing there. Not that I was so attached to Carl personally but things just started to seem shakey so I figured between that and the fact I was already questioning how long they could last, it was a good time to at least take a break. Then they had more drama with that crappy "activity day hold" rule.

Anyway, they are offering a nice bonus now (it says "up to 100%"). I think things have settled down so I'm going to give them a call and probably get back in.

There was some controversy at Bet911 recently:

Books and their stories. Is there no end to them. Below is an actual conversation I had with Bet911 today.

Robert: "Oh, we are not paying out any moneybookers. Our moneybookers account has been hacked and we have 60-70 accounts who have defrauded us. We have stopped paying out all moneybookers until we have time to investigate further".

Me: "When can I expect to get paid?"

Robert: "Our investigation could take months. We are a very small company. But we can pay you by check."

Me: "OK. When can you do that? When could I get a tracking number?"

Robert: "Oh not until maybe the middle of next week. We still have to pay the guys who asked for payouts this Monday."

Robert: "Moneybookers still wants us to use them, but we won't until we find out what fraud was committed".

Me: "Can you send me a personal moneybookers then? You already said none of the fraud was from Canada."

Robert: "Oh no, we want to hold on to the money we have."

LOL. I have filed an SBR complaint form. I have never heard of a moneybookers account being broken into before, I do not believe any of this story for a second. In my complaint form, I asked SBR to look into this also. In the meantime I would say...

Stay far far away!

To follow up, that was posted yesterday but then this morning:

I did receive a $1500 moneybookers this a.m., which is what I originally requested.

So I am going to shut up for a while, play out my balance, and if I have any money still there in a week or two, request another payout.

Thank you all who helped, it was MUCH appreciated.

GL to the others waiting to be paid.

Apparently peep made a big fuss at a few forums and filing an SBR complaint. So make of all that what you will.

They are a bit spotty at this point for sure.

I like the numbers, so I will play there.

But it is not the safest place to have your money.

OSU Cowboy never got back to me. I think Travis has other problems as well.

not me. but ive heard, despite the name, that they are a decent shop.

A head-scratcher of an announcement from Bet911. I suppose they should be applauded for their honesty about their intentions but it seems sure to keep people away.

To all of those concerned:

Bet911 has determined that all moneybookers depositors will not be given a withdraw of any kind until they have been approved by our investigations department through an internal investigation that they are no longer a risk of any type to Bet911 in any sort of way. Once your account has been a been approved your current withdraw will be processed in a fast and timely matter. Until then all withdraws to any moneybooker depositor will be on hold. Also it has been determined that moneybookers will no longer be used as a form of withdraw even if your account has been approved until all accounts have been investigated. Once your account has been approved by the investigations department you will be allowed to receive a withdraw via check. Any one that has not deposited through moneybookers is free to put in a withdraw request at this time via check or money gram. This was determined after SBR brought up a good point about why would we pay the client with check unless they have been approved. So with this in mind unless approved you will not be allowed to receive a withdraw!
Robert
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gamecast?gameId=300429116&teams=arizona-diamondbacks-vs-chicago-cubs

A head-scratcher of an announcement from Bet911. I suppose they should be applauded for their honesty about their intentions but it seems sure to keep people away.
Yeah, playing with them will not be possible, I'll stick with the proven books, and the Aussies.

Gotten worst over there.

Lou spoke to Moneybookers, they told him the problem was there was no money in the account to pay players. Opps! The fraud one sounds so much better on the book....

Definitely putting all bet911 activity on indefinite hold

Sweet timing with the recent upgrade at SBR.

Shocking that with the bonuses and lines they were offering that they are broke.

Bet911 offered too-good-to-be-true bonuses in conjunction with reduced juice pricing; a very risky model

Sounds about right. I guess the moral of the story is, if you want to play with a book like that, do it around the start of football. Play for awhile then get out. Don't overstay.