How much of a factor should liquidity / limits play into edge structuring?

• Start date
  • Replies 7 Comments
  • Views 888 Views

Potato

FOOTBALLS COMING HOME
Since
Sep 4, 2010
Score
Tokens
Should Potato be putting more $$$ on a scalp in the NFL / MLB as to a scalp on a total in Slovenia Prva Liga?

Or should Potato just follow the math and continue to take +120's at dumb books on -110's at Pinnacle in smaller markets because "the math says so"?

Should Potato be putting more $$$ on a scalp in the NFL / MLB as to a scalp on a total in Slovenia Prva Liga?

for the same edge, yes.

Or should Potato just follow the math and continue to take +120's at dumb books on -110's at Pinnacle in smaller markets because "the math says so"?

yes, but ideally you would do your own research on how accurate Slovenia Prva Liga lines are (probably very difficult). I would also use SBO,Betfair for any soccer scalps.

Thank you.

Advice at Gamelive >>> Advice at RBS "Fish" Tank

i would factor it in. i certainly wouldn't assume your edge is the same on something with 1k limits vs 50k

i would factor it in. i certainly wouldn't assume your edge is the same on something with 1k limits vs 50k

yea the mean of your edge would be the same, but the variance would be much higher on the 1K limits.

Max, here is an example of a conversation that I do not understand at all. It's like you guys are speaking Arabic.

Max, here is an example of a conversation that I do not understand at all. It's like you guys are speaking Arabic.

don't worry about this, first just understand how to make a +EV bet.

POTATO there is a reason you do much better at football than SOCCER....