• Start date
  • Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 727 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'm on my way to a birthday party for 110 year old. How old do you want to live until? Who is the oldest person you know or have known?

Great question. I suppose it all comes down to how long your mind is well. One wouldn't want their body to outlive their mind (which is the case with mom who has Alzheimer's.) She says every day how she wants to die, but is afraid that she won't any time soon.

I think if you are older also and lose a spouse/partner it would be difficult to go on much longer unless you had a great support system close in proximity, or enough time to find a person of the opposite sex with whom to spend time.

Women in my family tend to live into their 90s...so hard to say ..there are some people at 100 who are younger in body and spirit than some 80 year olds.

. Oldest person I have known I would say was my grandmother who lived to 93 I believe.

I do know I want to die before I would ever have to go to a long term care facility (nursing home.) So at whatever age that comes, that's when I want to go.

Depends on my health (duh).

My grandmother is 94. She still walks without a cane.

But the Alzheimer's has taken its toll.

I won't make 80 if I don't get my sleep issues resolved.

I'll be 41 next week. I can easily pass for 37.

I feel 52.

:mrquincy:

i'd like to live to be 150. realistically i'm not looking at a very long lifespan.

If my mind is sharp and my body is at least mostly healthy, as long as possible.

Yeah it all depends on quality of life. I know, not saying much - but it's the only answer. Wouldn't mind living to 200 if the quality was right - however I reserve the right to pull the plug next week if some kinda shit happens.

I'm not sure the oldest person I have known. I used to regularly play music at an old folks' home and there were some old ones there. Speaking of which, I could see myself being content in such a setting.

I knew some old folks in AA. Don't know how old exactly. My grandmother lived to 86. Both of my parents are in their early 80's now.

In short, I have very little concrete to say on this subject.

Stress is the killer. Living a non healthy life in body, mind and spirit shortens everything. My grandma lived to 108 and her thing was a shot of Southern Comfort every night before bed. Worked her ass of on the farm, no electric, root cellar, you get it. Anyways keep active, challenge your mind and MOVE and you will do fine.

ME, 86 would be enough.

Daffy, who talks like that? Cant tell if that should be red carded or not :redcard: :dunno:

You're not as bright as I thought you were.

The bigger picture was, I look young for my age BUT I feel much older than my age.

Simpleton, guey.

FORVER, MOTHER FUCKER
LIKE-us-on-Facebook-GIF-210.gif

You're not as bright as I thought you were.

The bigger picture was, I look young for my age BUT I feel much older than my age.

Simpleton, guey.

:lmao: my confusion isn't due to the notion that you feel you look younger than your age. But the fact that you were able to calculate(?) somehow that you look exactly almost 4 years younger :dunno: